We had to make a quick stop in the morning to run some errands. While we were at Walmart, there were firefighters collecting donations for the families of the men who died fighting a wildfire in AZ earlier that week. They had a rescue helicopter out in the parking lot, and were letting kids climb inside. We let the kids each donate some cash, and then they hopped inside to have a look.
Hard to tell from this picture, but they actually thought it was pretty awesome. We had a quiet talk afterwards with Jake about those heroes who gave their lives to keep us safe.
Recently, we discovered that there is now a Kneaders in Gilbert. (This was one of our favorite places to eat in Utah, and we really miss it!!) So we stopped their for lunch with the kids.
Waiting for food.
Enjoying a mouthful of sugar cookie :)
After lunch, we dropped off the kids at my parents house, and spent the afternoon and evening out, just the two of us. Shopping, dinner, and just enjoying the alone time. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of us. :/
I'm so grateful that this cute guy came into my life 8 years ago. He really is one of a kind--my best friend, a great dad, and loving husband. This next year is going to be a little nuts. New baby in the house, and Wes will be in his second (and from what we've heard, harder) year of his MBA program at nights. I'm a little nervous about how we'll get through the coming months, but I know it'll be ok. I have an amazing man by my side, and I feel so lucky. I love you Wes, Happy Birthday!!!!


1 comment:
Oh my goodness- a marathon of blog updates. Good work (and perfect timing with the new little guy)! I'm so glad I get to check in on you guys through your blog.
Post a Comment