The day they got their keys :)
The kids loved running around in the big empty house before all the furniture arrived!
Enjoying the view from the roof of Restoration Hardware. We've been to lots of stores like this with my parents as they work hard to fill in the furniture gaps in their new house. :)
Enjoying time with Aunt Sydney :)
Keeping busy while mom was busy...
One night, Wesley had the idea to take the kids to Jambo Park after work. It's a tiny indoor amusement park that we'd never tried out before. It's really cheap to go after 6 pm, so we decided to surprise the kids. Here in Arizona, it's awesome to find new fun indoor activities during the horrible hot summer.
The place had about 5-6 rides, a large play structure, and mini golf. Honestly, we thought it was a little run down, but the kids were in heaven!!! It doesn't take much to make them happy!!
Mia cracked us up, every time she got a ball in the hole (usually with her hand).. she'd pull it out, wave it high above her head and shout "I did it!!!"
More fun with Omi!!
They've been obsessed with taking baths in my moms tub. Mia is allergic to pretty much all types of bubble bath, but the jets in that tub work so well, that it turned a single pump of her Mustela Cleanser into this huge pile of suds!!! So now Mia gets to enjoy lots of bubble baths, both fun filled and hypoallergenic ;)
Jake watching the guys with the big bulldozers, digging out the big hole for the pool!!
One day my dad built a tunnel fort out of a bunch of empty boxes for the kiddos. I remember him doing this for me when I was little!!! it was definitely a hit :)
Helping Opi put together the new barstools! I think Jake looks so grown up in this picture.
Keeping busy at Omi's!
A couple weeks ago, Jake had his first filling. I tried hard to make it a positive experience for him, even arranged care for Mia, so I could give him my full attention. Turns out I was worried for no reason. He was calm from the beginning (he loves his dentist office), and once they had the laughing gas flowing, he was totally relaxed. He literally giggled when they gave him the numbing shot. Way to go Jakey!
At the end of his appointment, Jake got to take his mask home with him, and was sent out the door with a popsicle. I'm now worried that he'll want to get more cavities in the future.. I think it was a little too fun for him ;)
Here's a picture of him trying to smile with a numb face, lol.
We had my parents over for dinner one night.. and my mom showed up with flowers for me. She's so thoughtful :) Aren't they beautiful?
Wes and I took the kids to Studio Movie Grill to see the new Despicable Me. It was so fun going there as a family, and the kids loved being able to order dinner while we watched!! I love that place.
Speaking of movies, one night Wes and I watched David at my parents house so they could take the kids out to see Monsters University. I'm so grateful that we have some family living near us again. Its already been a wonderful blessing, and I know it's just going to get even better!!!















No comments:
Post a Comment