We had a great 4th of July this year! We spent the morning just relaxing, and then took the kids out for lunch and dessert. Later that afternoon we drove down to Gilbert so we could celebrate and watch the fireworks with my parents.
Lunch at the Pita Jungle. I've never eaten there, but always heard good things. Oh my, was it heavenly.!! Just thinking about it is making me wanna go back right now!
seriously.. amazing.
We also tried the Gelato Spot for the first time. The place did not disappoint!!!
Grandma and Grandpa in Utah had sent the kids a little note earlier in the week, to tell them that they missed them. They stuck some cash in with it, and told Jake to ask mom and dad to take him and Mia out for a treat from them :) So this was it! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!!
After naptime we headed down to Gilbert!!
..."mom, no pictures right now, it's too hot." pretty sure thats what she was thinking ;)
We had planned on heading to a 4th Festival, but the traffic and parking were horrendous. We opted instead, to park our cars at a shave ice shack near my parents house, that supposedly had a great view of the fireworks.
I think we've found a new tradition. Snow cones, fireworks, and minimal traffic and crowds. Yes please :)
We sat in the back of our cars with blankets. Next year we'll plan ahead and bring more pillows, and a cooler full of treats. :)



1 comment:
WOW!!! You've been busy blogging! I caught up on all your posts while feeding Isla just now. Even though I've already heard all the stories and seen a lot of the pictures, it was fun to read again! Your kids are just so cute and photogenic and I'm glad you have gotten in so many fun things before the baby gets here. I'm excited because the next post will probably be about little squidgy :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment