The day after Jake graduated from preschool, we loaded up the car and headed up to Utah for a 2 week visit with Wesley's family. It was wonderful to spend time with loved ones--relaxing, eating, and enjoying the beautiful Utah weather. While we were up there, we spent most of the visit just with the family, but I did see a couple good friends while we were there too. (I'll write about those visits on the next post--I already had so many pictures from family that I want to share for now.) Wesley's parents and sister live in a small town south of Provo, but it seems to be growing a lot now! Within just a few miles, there is now a Costco, Kneaders, Cafe Rio, and a beautiful splash pad and park! (Those are all favorite things of mine by the way) ;)
So really, between all the fun things to do right at home, and then all the recent additions to the town, we spent the majority of those two weeks right in the vicinity.
On our way up to Utah, we stopped overnight at my sister Jessica's house in Las Vegas. I got to meet my brand new niece for the first time!!! Meet baby Isla!!!
We arrived in Utah on a Sunday afternoon. It was a happy reunion, and we were glad to be out of the car to start relaxing :)
Here are a bunch of pictures, combination iPhone and nice camera. Enjoy!
Happy cousins!
Mia loved all the attention :) This is her aunt Melanie!
The neighbors had a trampoline and were nice enough to let the kiddos use it!
Mia wanted to keep up with the big boys the whole time, and refused to take naps.. but sometimes she just couldn't help it, and would crash wherever she happened to be playing. :)
Unfortunately, Jake arrived in Utah with a lovely cold. He had a fever for 3 days, and lots of congestion. We gave him plenty of tub time, soaking in some Eucalyptus bubbles--it seemed to really cheer him up! (although he ended up passing on the virus to nearly everyone over the next couple weeks...)
Lots of time spent in the "GI Joe" room of course. (Mia was confused, and kept calling it the "Trader Joe room".. I guess I know where her heart really is haha!)
I can't believe the weather was mild enough for hoodies. Lots of kids were actually over at the splash pad next to us during this particular park outing.. but my kids have thin Arizona blood.. no water games if its below 95 ;)
I celebrated my 27th birthday while we were in Utah! Wesley's parents planned a very fun outing that day. We all rode the train up to Salt Lake City!!! The kids really loved it.. (and so did I..I felt like I was on my way to Hogwarts...)
this cracks me up.. Say cheese!!! with a mouth full of chocolate... Oh Mia.
enjoying the scenery.
We had lunch in SLC at Tucanos (yummy!!!!!) and then took the trax over to Temple Square for a few pictures.
big belly!!! i think this was about 31 weeks.
I tried to get a good picture of all the grandkids with the grandparents.. but it was impossible.. and then the camera battery died :(
Next up, we went over to City Creek mall to do some shopping. I wish that place had been around back when we lived in Utah! It was amazing!
Train ride back home. It was a little more crowded that time of day.
Some pictures one evening in the yard. It was such wonderful weather the whole time!
Proud grandparents!
I love this picture :)
Towards the end of the trip, it finally warmed up enough to enjoy playing out in the water.
Oh jeez I love this photo. Such a great shot :)
Another park day :)
Mia--forever trying to keep up with the big boys.
I'm obsessed with taking pictures of these cuties. :)
love my girl!!
Jake was pretty sad when the vacation came to a close. He knew from the beginning how many days we'd be sleeping there, and had been keeping count the whole time. So the day before we left, he knew it was almost over :(
He was very sad to leave all the awesome legos (and of course the awesome family!!)
Mia was obsessed with this clock on the wall. Every hour it opened and rotated while playing a little song--she was a crazy clock watcher the whole trip, and constantly asked to be informed when it was close to song time again. ;)
Heading home. Sad little kiddos :(
Mia finally had her turn with Jake's cold at the very end of the trip, so we drove home with a very hot and snotty little girl :( I'm glad she was able to stay healthy for most of the vacation though. Thank you to our family for another wonderful reunion. It won't be long before we see them again--Grandma and Grandpa will be heading our way in just a few weeks to meet our newest addition once he arrives! :)























No comments:
Post a Comment