For our first Arizona Thanksgiving, Wesley’s parents drove down from Utah to spend the holiday weekend with us. They arrived on Wednesday and stayed until Saturday. It was a short, but very fun visit. I felt like we had equal amounts of “relaxing time” and “tourist time”. It was fun showing them some of the sights around here—we really do miss living close to them. Jake was especially happy to have their constant attention. Mia has become more animated than ever in the last couple months, and I think she enjoyed sharing her spunky personality with a larger audience. All in all, it was a top notch weekend. We took a few pictures here and there, I hope you like the handful I’m posting J
I can't believe it, but I actually never took any pictures during Thanksgiving dinner. Which is a shame, because I was pretty proud of the yummy spread! This was my first time doing the turkey (I've never hosted before, so that part was always done by someone else!), and with a little help from my mother in law (and some pre-cooking pep talks with my own mom) I pulled it off! Yay me! :)
yeah--the only food picture--Jake enjoying his "feast". That kid is so incredibly picky..he wouldnt eat a single part of my special dinner. (except the dessert of course..)
little punk :)
Jake was very eager to take his Grandpa to the "gummy bear store" (as he calls it).
Usually when we take him there, he gets to choose like 5 pieces of candy. But grandpas are much cooler/more fun than moms and dads.
One of the best moments of Jakes life ;)
Mia couldn't have the candy, but she was still as happy as can be!
Before they left, Grandma and Grandpa bought Jake a special early Christmas present. His very first big kid bike!!! Jake was so so excited!


On Saturday night, even though the Grandparents had headed back to Utah, we packed up the stroller and walked down to Kierland Commons for the tree lighting festival. They had Santa, carriage rides, and lots of other fun stuff going on, and we heard that there would be snow falling over the square when the tree was lit. It was a magical moment, standing in the crowd with Wesley, holding our kids, and watching the snow fall, Christmas music playing in the background. Mia and Jake didn't seem to care that the "snow" was actually soapy foam, or that the weather was warm enough to hardly need jackets. Their eyes were bright with excitement, taking in all the pretty lights, the enormous Christmas Tree, those sparkly little "snowflakes." It's hard to describe that little moment, but it's one I don't think I'll ever forget.
Life is busier than ever, but also better than ever. I'm so thankful for my 3 best friends. Wes, Jake, Mia--you guys mean so much to me. Love you tons.










2 comments:
SO fun. I am REALLY impressed you hosted (which translates to making the hardest parts of the meal). I don't think I could ever do that. Good work!
Great post! And how great Pauline and Duane could come for Thanksgiving and spend some time with you guys!
Post a Comment