It’s December 16th. That means I’m in between the anniversaries of 2 out of the 3 most special days of my life. Yesterday we celebrated Mia’s first birthday. On December 15th of 2010, our little girl was born. It was an amazing day—so many things changed—I became a mother of 2, had my first daughter, we became a family of 4!
Tomorrow I’m celebrating another special day. On December 17, 2005, Wesley and I were sealed in the Bountiful Utah Temple. I was only 19 years old! A lot of people were skeptical about my choice to get married at such a young age. After all, it was a very adult decision to make for a girl who was barely old enough to be called a woman. Luckily, I had a supportive family, who understood that I wasn’t making my choice blindly. I didn’t know a lot of things when we made our vows—I didn’t know what it would be like to live with a boy, and lets be honest, Wesley and I had been dating for less than a year. But I did know one thing. Not only was I head over heels in love, but my decision to marry Wesley was made with lots of prayer and meditation. I made that leap of faith with a firm conviction. I knew it was what God wanted for me, and that if I put my faith in Him, and was willing to work hard, my marriage would last and would bring me joy.
Tomorrow marks 6 years since I got married. When I think about all that’s happened since then, I can’t help but feel like my dreams have come true. (Cliché right?) Wesley is getting ready to go back to grad school, we have 2 cute kids, and after all this time I’m still hot for my man! On paper it sounds pretty great J Some days we work very hard at our relationship, and we’ve learned the importance of keeping open lines of communication. But through it all, I still feel like I can always be myself with him, and tell him how I feel (even when I’m being sensitive). I’m happy that I was brave enough to make that wise choice 6 years ago. It was the right one for me, I’m certain of it.
In good times and sucky times, I’m grateful for the man that’s by my side J I love you Wesley, more and more the longer we’re together. Happy Anniversary!!!



3 comments:
Yeah!! Happy Anniversary!
That was awesome. I loved reminiscing with you! And I'm so glad you married Wesley, too. You guys are so great together and you've even gotten hotter as time has gone on (which didn't seem possible 6 years ago)! Way to go! :) I love you guys and hope you had a fun day celebrating everything that the past 6 years have brought you. Here's to eternities to go!
I'm reading your post exactly 1 month later.... and getting all choked up!! I am so happy you married Wesley and he became part of our family! I can't imagine a better partner for you. Love you and your sweet family so much!!
Post a Comment