It's officially May 6 and i'm just now sitting down to put up my Christmas blog post. We had a really fun holiday break this year. Jake got to experience his very first "2 week vacation" from school now that he's in Kindergarten. We spent most of it down in Gilbert with my parents, where my mom had the house decorated in true Sabine fashion. It was a magical Christmas wonderland in every single room. (I can't decide if her decorating skills make me happy, or if they make me want to punch her... I just wish she'd passed down some of that decorating juju onto her 2nd daughter.)
Sugar Cookie Frosting Day:
Jake made a few immaculate cookies, Mia completely destroyed a few cookies (with a dollop of frosting and 20 pounds of sprinkles), and then mom and I spent several hours afterwards completing the project..
Christmas Eve Day
Mia requested "Who Hair" for Christmas Eve.. next year it'll be even more fun with a few more inches of hair to work with. But this was still pretty cute.
Waiting for Sydney and Mitch to arrive from Nashville :)
Singing Christmas carols after dinner. My mom played the piano.. I even pulled out my flute for a few songs like the good old days. (a few nostalgic tears were shed by mom and me)
Mia's face...... and stance. hahahaha
Reading The Night Before Christmas
Santa came!!!
Christmas Morning. Waiting to see what Santa brought :)
Matching Jammies!!!!!
Hoping to avoid a gift overload, we really took our time with present opening. We spent at least an hour slowly unwrapping things, had breakfast, and then finished the rest.
Clearly Mia's dress up was a favorite. (thanks Omi & Opi!! .. I mean Santa)
Caleb was just happy to be with everyone. As usual :)
2 Wheeler!!!!!! Thanks Grandma!
Scooter too! these were some happy and spoiled kiddos :)
Christmas brunch.
The next two pictures demonstrate a big difference between Jake & Mia.
Jake wanted cereal and a cookie. Mia wanted meat.
The rest of Christmas Day (and week) was magical. My dad heated up their pool so even though it was in the 70's we were able to swim. And of course the hot tub was toasty warm. Christmas cookies poolside? yes please. :)
Jake was such a nice brother and spent an afternoon putting together Mia's new lego set for her so she could play with it.
My dad built an amazing puppet theatre for the kids as a special surprise, and my mom stocked it with tons of adorable puppets, and a few funny hats and costumes. I need to locate a picture of it, it's so dang cute.
We about died laughing about this mushroom hat.. It become the running joke of the week for the kids.
(pretty sure we told Mia that if she wanted Omi to hold her while she was whining, she would have to wear the hat.)
The kids were SO EXCITED that Sydney and Mitch were in town. (I think Mia might have a little crush on her uncle Mitch)
Snuggling up after a dip in the pool :)
Mitch had to leave after a couple days, but Sydney stayed through New Years. One day we stopped to eat at In-n-Out. The kids looked extra cute, so picture taking ensued.
I love this guy. We had just celebrated our 8 year anniversary a couple weeks before this was taken :)
I love these pictures--The kids were so hyper on New Years Eve. We invited some friends over and had a little party.
I really love my mom's house. So many fun things about it.
My dad bought some fireworks to do with the kids. They got pretty into it :)
Snuggling with daddy
waiting to count down to "midnight" (9 pm)
Happy New Year!!
I feel like I'm missing half the pictures I wanted to post. Mom do you have any good ones I should've put in here? Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. The wrap up of 2013 was wonderful. A great year with a fantastic ending. Now on to new things!!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment