Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Winter Season candids

I got so behind on blogging the last 6 months, it's hard to even remember when we did what.  But here's a bunch of random pictures of some fun days :)
I think we were seeing Frozen here.  Also known as "The day Mia's Elsa Obsession began".
Since Jake graduated to a big boy bike (which he is doing awesome with!) Mia moved up to the balance bike (doing less awesome with.  But she can really fly on her scooter)
Winter time is "park season" in Arizona :)
I spent an afternoon at the Sea Life Aquarium with my mom and all the kids (my 3 + David)  It was a fantastic aquarium, and a very low stress outing, considering the group we were traveling with ;)
Caleb idolizes Jake.  I don't think that relationship will change for a long time :)
Winter is also the season for outdoor eating :)
The day I got lucky and found the Elsa plush doll for our little princess.  She loves her more than any other toy.
Snuggling up.
Jake picked out a rainbow loom with Omi one day.  I can't handle those kinds of crafts lol.
And Mia finds other ways to be creative...
Mia and Jake got super into playing dress up the past few months.  Mia gets pretty creative with her costumes.. (she has on 4 tutus in this pic)
Jake is always a race car driver or ironman.  Thats about it ;)
Train Park!!  (we went while Jake was at school, and Mia ratted me out that afternoon.  Jake felt so betrayed.  Sorry buddy!!)
Wesley has been amazing this year and takes Jake to school in the mornings more than half the time.  But if he has to be at work extra early, Mia and Caleb get dragged along for the ride.  Sometimes Mia is less than enthused to be pulled out of her bed.
We did have the occasional "extra cold" day here and there.  (in the 50's..)  Any excuse to use Jake's old snow hats from our Utah days :)
It's been fun seeing these two slowly develop a friendship.  This was the first day that Caleb was sturdy enough to ride in a "train cart" with Mia.  She thought it was so weird and cool. (don't mind the sleeper, we do a lot of errand running in jammies right after I drop off Jake at school)
January marked the beginning of Wesley's last 2 quarters of Grad school.  While it was awesome to be in the home stretch, it also meant that his schedule kept him at school almost every single Saturday, all day, for 4 months straight.  We spent a lot of Friday nights and Saturdays down at my parents house.
In fact, knowing that I would be at my folks house most weekends, we signed up Jake for a parks and rec soccer group down in Gilbert. There were only 3 kids in it, which I was initially disappointed with.  But it gave Jake extra attention from his coach and he got a lot better with his footwork.  He really loved this experience :)
 
 They had a "bring a friend to class day" one Saturday.  Jake brought Mia.. She was so hilarious.  I had to intervene a couple times, because she kept asking "Coach Ray" to "watch her twirl" during the game. (btw.. she told him she loved him at the end. ... oh boy). Halfway through practice she flopped over on the sidelines and said she was tired of it.  I think we'll start with ballet for this girl ;)
 On his last day of soccer it poured rain all day.  He had the most amazing time sliding all over the field, and proudly accepted his ribbon at the end.

No comments: