Less than 3 weeks after we arrived in Arizona, Sydney hopped on a plane and spent a few days here. She had just graduated from BYU's Visual Arts program, and decided to come and see Jess and I. She alternated sleeping at our houses, and we spent the days either shopping or lounging at the pool. It was fun to spend some time with my two sisters, and I was able to experience some of the great shopping down here for the first time. So far, I had only ventured to the areas right near my apartment, but we also went to Scottsdale Fashion Square mall (soooo awesome), and the Outlets at Anthem (also awesome).
We took about a million pictures that week--Syd posted 100 of them on Facebook, but I trimmed down the number a bit for the blog. It's still a ton though, but hopefully you'll think their fun to look at :)
On Syd's first day here, we all got together at our pool and grilled dinner. It was so relaxing.
Darn that cute girl--she is sooo cute.
I'm happy to say that Jake is becoming so brave! He used to really struggle in the water--to the point that he didn't like bathing or showering because he hated having water poured over his head. After a few trips to the pool, (and thanks to the example of his fearless cousin Sawyer), he is now paddling around on his own, and jumping in the water to his hearts content.


I LOVE that we had our baby girls so close together. This is going to be a fun year.
I was so excited when Mia's head was big enough to fit this floppy little hat. So darling!

Sydney has her hands full being an aunt to all these kiddos!

Sawyer constantly wants to swim in the "hot pool" (as Jake calls it)..why anyone would enjoy sitting in a hot tub when it's 115 out.. But we all followed him in there anyway :)
I really liked this candid Sydney took of me--no baby on my arm for once. I look so relaxed! (because i was!)

The one lone picture we took at Scottsdale Fashion Square..woops.
One night we left the men in charge of the kiddos and had a girls night @ Scottsdale Quarter. We went to a fun and trendy restaurant called True Food. All the food was organic and healthy and actually very yummy!

They had mist spraying out on the terrace, so it was actually comfy eating out there :) and the ambience was so nice with all the pretty lights!

All the nice shopping centers have mist sprayers going all day--when the sun went down, the mist didn't evaporate as fast, and it was kinda crazy walking through the haze.

Jake's favorite little splash pad, all lit up at nighttime!

I always love a little girl time, especially with my two besties :)
Jessica bought us these "summer passes" at the movie theatre a few weeks back. basically, it's 7 dollars a person for the entire summer and it gets you into a select kids movie one morning each week. We go on thursday mornings. Sydney came along when she was here (that week it was "How to Train Your Dragon".
And yes. we are insane, taking those two little renegades and our infants to the movies. And no, that particular week we did NOT make it to the end before the kids became too disruptive and we had to bail.
Cute little story: The first week that we did this, I had prepped Jake all morning, telling him we would be meeting Sawyer at the movies to see Megamind. When we got into the Theatre, Jess and her kids were already sitting up at the top of the stadium seating. Jake and I scanned the rows til we spotted them, and once we did, Jake shouted out "SAWYER!!!!!!!!" and Sawyer just shrieked and screamed. they ran to each other and met at the middle of the stairway (entertaining a lot of people in the process)..once they reached each other, they hugged like crazy, and Jake said "Oh Sawyer, I love you, I just missed you so much!!!"
So dramatic, so hilarious.


On Sydney's last afternoon with us, we spent a few more hours at the pool. We were so worn out from going going and going all week.

Everyone got pretty tired in the hot sun... (I love how Mia is smiling out of the stroller...she was supposed to be napping)

so exhausted...

A couple hours before Syd had to go to the airport, she snapped a few photos of the girls--I am so excited for Mia and Violet to start interacting and become friends!
Such a cute little model.
Thanks for coming and seeing all of us Sydney! I wish you and Mitch lived here--I realllllyyyy miss having you nearby all the time. Thanks for bearing the heat, and the kids' tantrums, and being so up for everything. I hope next time Mitch can come along too. Love you tons.
3 comments:
Another awesome post, Kristie!! I can't believe how fast you crank these things out!! I loved looking at all the pictures again and just love how Jake and Sawyer are such good buddies. I always have to laugh about the movie story!! And the girls!! How wonderful is it, that you both have little girls... they'll be good friends in no time as well. Till then it'll just be fun to play with your little "dollies". I'm glad Syd could experience all of this with you and also took all those pictures!!!!
I miss you too pooh!!!!! Thanks for the nice things you said in this post. I loved coming to visit you guys and wish we all lived a little closer! I love my nieces and nephews so much, even when they throw the occasional tantrum ;) xoxox Love you!!!!!
That was such a fun week! I'm so glad Sydney came :) Love you guys!
Post a Comment