Jake says and does more hilarious things every day than I could ever keep track of. But yesterday I sat down and put together a list of some of his more recent and memorable funnies. Maybe you "had to be there", but then again, maybe not--enjoy! :)
*Sometimes I'll make silly or scary faces at him--he always tells me he doesn't like it and that I should "Smile nice-wee! (nicely)"
*Lately, whenever I run out of patience with Jake, and begin speaking to him sternly, Jake will always look up at me calmly and say "I don't like that shout. Talk nice-wee." It's hard not too laugh, and always brings me back down to earth. I don't now how to continue scolding him after such a calm and rational response.
*Speaking of scolding--when Jake gets super whiny, my usual response is that he can't have what he wants until he can show me his "happy face"...when we are at home I generally tell him he needs to go cry in his room and come out when he finds his happy face again. He usually comes out after a few minutes, red cheeks..puffy eyes, but with a determined smile in place. A couple weeks ago, I told him he couldn't go to the pool with Sawyer until he found his happy face...he stood there, rubbing his eyes furiously and looks up at me, still hiccuping with tear filled eyes--eyebrows raised and a very fake smile on his face. then he said "see mommy! I'm-hic- happy now!! hic-I have a hic-happy face!"
It's a pretty good tantrum stopping strategy most of the time :)
* "What's that shape is???" (he always sticks the word is at the end of his questions)
* "You're cute mommy. So is Beebs."
'Thanks Jakey, you're cute too!"
"No mommy, I'm not cute, I'm a boy."
* "I need to I-chat with Omi... just Jakey, by myself .. You go have a nap mommy."
* I was going through Mia's closet the other day, checking to see if she had grown into any of her 6-9 month clothes, and Jake came in to see what I was up to..
"Whatcha doin Mommy?"
" I'm just cleaning honey."
"No, you're not cleaning..you're organizing."
* Jake just had his first church nursery experience since he was potty trained. I put him in a pull-up for safety, and warned his teachers that he might ask to go pee at some point. They told me that this is what he said:
"I need to go potty, and then come back and play with the kids."
He told me repeatedly in the bathroom not to forget that he needed to play some more with his friends. :)
*This next story may really embarrass him someday, but I'm posting it anyway. Jake and I were sitting at the computer getting ready to i-chat, and he, ahem, passed some very loud gas..
"Jake, did you just have a very big toot?!"
"....no....... ..... ... I burped.... with my bum..."
Then he laughed hysterically at his clever little joke.
A few fun pictures and then one more story to close up this post...
Jake gathered these balls the other day, and called us over to see his creation. he had built "a snowman"

A couple of Jake's better drawings :)
he said this one was a "dragon with wheels"
"a duck"
And one last little piece of mischief. The other day, Jake was playing with Mia on the floor in her room (they do this a lot). I heard her start to fuss a bit and went to investigate. My jaw dropped. I walked into her room and saw that Jake had overturned a toy bucket and placed it onto her head, and was calmly chucking toys at the bucket...while his poor little victim whined beneath it.
Obviously, I righted the situation, and scolded the little troublemaker. But honestly, I didn't know how to feel--horrified that my son was throwing heavy toys at his sister, or impressed that he had thought to give her a helmet first.
We're halfway through the summer guys--hope everyone is surviving the heat.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you posted these!!! They are so funny and a great way to keep up with that little guy!! What a funny little man!!! Boyd does the same thing with sending him to his room when he's upset. I tell him he can't come out until he's happy. So when he does calm down he comes out and the first thing he says to me is "de-da happy mommy". It's a great trick!! And I love that all the fit throwing happens in his room. Gives me some sanity since it's a bit muted. =) Keep those posts and pictures coming!!! Love you guys!
Post a Comment