Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween '12

We had a fun halloween this year. Originally, Jake was going to be a SWAT guy, and Mia was going to repeat her Tinker Bell costume from last year. (she is obsessed with Tinker Bell, and the costume still fit when I tried it on in September!)  But then, two weeks before Halloween a couple things happened.
1.  Jake's grandpa came to town and read him comics every night for a week.
2. Mia grew 2 inches in a month.

After that, Jake wanted to be either Ironman or Spiderman more than anything in the world (luckily the other costume was returnable).. and Mia grew right out of her teeny tiny fairy costume.  In the end, we had an adorable, and very happy little pair :)

Pre-Halloween photoshoot. We took these on Saturday before the church Trunk or Treat party.

do you just love their fake smiles??? ;)
Looking a little lost.. that hat didn't stay on very well.
Come on Jake let's go!!
This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.
The following three were from Jake's impromptu "Ironman Dance".. he told me those were his "moves"
Happy little bumblebee!!
"I'm SO over this mom"  ;)
Jake caught the flu a few days before Trick or Treating time, so I didn't get to the pumpkin carving until the night before Halloween.
No pumpkin patch this year, sorry kids :/

He still wouldn't touch the guts this year, but he did design the pumpkin face while I cleaned it out (on paper).  and he was willing to stick his hand inside to place the battery operated tea light :)
Jake was very proud of the name we came up with for his pumpkin
On Halloween day, Jake's preschool had a family party.
(and yes, Mia wore her Halloween shirt 2 days in a row..woops!)
Mia joined right in with the class during morning snack! :)
This is one of Jake's teachers. Isn't her baby belly adorable??
Jake showed Mia the ropes during play time 
Getting ready for the preschool costume parade!
So proud of his costume.
marching!!
Jake got to choose his very own pumpkin to paint and take home from the "pumpkin patch" at school.
Wes managed to run over and join us for a half hour during work--Jake was so excited to have him there! thanks Wes! (don't you love his work costume???) ;)

We went trick or treating that night with a couple of Wesley's old mission buddies and their families. While we did have fun (especially the kids)..Wes and I both got the flu later that night. Pretty much the whole time we walked around that neighborhood, we could feel it coming on.  I'm grateful that we were still healthy enough to take the kids out that evening though. 
The Saturday before Halloween we went to our Ward Trunk or Treat, so Mia had already had some practice with the whole collecting candy thing.
By Halloween night she was a pro!
All night long, I couldn't get over her french pigtail braids and bee costume.  Cute little Mia girl.
I was pretty lazy with my costume this year.. We just did a Press badge for the "Daily Planet".  Clark Kent and Lois Lane!!!
Wes and his buddies.
They are crazy boys.  And yep, thats his bare belly!
sheesh.
Mia wanted to walk the entire time (and refused to hold hands.. very stressful)  We were in a really crowded neighborhood with no sidewalks, so this was a problem.  Chris is the only one she would allow to carry her without thrashing around. Thank goodness he was there! crazy girl!!
I hope everyone had a fun Halloween!  I love the holiday season!!! 

No comments: