A couple weeks ago, Wesley's parents drove down from Utah for a visit. Wesley was on Fall break, so he just had regular work hours instead of being gone both days and evenings. He did manage to take one work day off, and a couple hours here and there. We had a great time, and the kids really enjoyed all the extra love and attention! While they were here, we did some shopping, went to the zoo, the train park, and the pool.. other than that we enjoyed a lot of fabulous asian cooking (thanks to Grandma) and hung out at the house. I felt kind of bad, because that week turned out to be our last week that was over 90 degrees. pretty much the day they took off it dropped down to the low 80's. Sorry guys!! thanks for sweating it out with us!
The water was pretty cold, but the kids didn't seem to mind!
Ummm Jake makes me laugh in this one. He looks like a little McQueen cyclops.

Jake scored big time at the candy store with Grandpa again!
While Jake was in preschool, the grandparents got to enjoy some one on one time with their granddaughter. I felt kinda bad sometimes--Although she is real cute, Mia is definitely starting her Terrible Twos--she never listens, and can go from happy to tantrum in about 5 seconds. That week she was actually cutting 4 teeth, so she was more difficult than usual. Thanks for putting up with her guys!
At the zoo. This was our last visit before our annual pass expired.. I decided not to renew it-- we have too much going on this year already.
It always makes me happy to see Wesley with his family :) He just loved having them around for a whole week!
Ok this picture kills me--typical Mia. Needing to walk, not wanting to hold hands with anyone. Relishing the freedom, arms swinging joyfully in the wind!
Since this was our last visit to the zoo, we finally splurged and did the Giraffe Encounter. I'm actually a little sad that we waited til now to do it.. it's only like 4 bucks a person if you have a membership.
Totally worth it--we got to feed them, and their tongues scooped up the food and wrapped right around our hands. I don't know who was the most excited, the big kids or the little kids :)
Look at that tongue!!!!
I love how Jake was sticking out his own tongue, subconsciously mimicking the giraffe.
Thank heavens for splash pads everywhere you go in AZ!
Since I'm alone with my kids so often, I feel like I'm the sole witness to all their cute little moments most of the time.. I love having people come to stay, and seeing all the funny things together. Wesley's mom and I had a great time gushing over all the hilarious things Mia would say. She is just at that age where I almost can't stand the cuteness. ahhh!
One morning we went to the train park. I love that place, and Jake was especially excited to show his grandparents around :)
(side note: Mia picked out this shirt for herself a few weeks ago on a little "during preschool time" shopping trip. She is so proud of her "balloon shirt" hahaha.)
Regular-Wes & Mini-Wes ;)
ok..just looking at these pictures again tonight is making me want to go wake them both up and kiss them like crazy!
about to ride the train :)
Wesley's dad wears a hat almost every day, so of course, Jake had to do the same. He wanted to wear his hat "just like Grandpa!" (Hey, I'm not complaining, I love him in a good hat--whatever motivates him to keep it on is ok with me!)
At the end of the train ride there is a long dark tunnel. There is an unspoken rule among big kids that you have the scream really loud the whole way through. I took a picture using my flash, and this is what my kids looked like in the pitch black.
Jake definitely new what was goin on.
...I don't think Mia got the memo. hahaha.
Grandma was happy to take the kids on the carousel--which was really great for me.. they make me sick, but I usually ride with Mia anyway. Nice that I didn't have to take one for the team that day :)
I feel like you can see the mischief in her eyes in this next few pictures :)
Random funny moment--Whenever we have visitors, Jake sleeps in our room so we can use his for guests. One night, he decided to crawl into my bed and pass out, instead of staying in bed on the floor.. while wearing his fluffy bathrobe. When I went to bed I found him like this.
Such a dude.
During Friday preschool, Grandma took Mia on the train at the mall. She later told me that the entire time, Mia kept saying "awesome!! awesome!!"
I think I might say that word too much. Or maybe my daughter is just "awesome" ;)
At one point the train drove past me and I waved at them. Mia hung out the window and shouted "Mommy!!!!!!!" Can you tell? It was pretty funny.
One night, Wes and I took advantage of our visiting babysitters and went out on a date. We'd always wanted to try this restaurant right by our house, and finally did! It was pretty good--and it was nice to go out on a date with my attractive husband again!
When we got home that night, we found Jake and grandpa passed out in Jake's room. They'd been reading comics together for like an hour. (Wesley's dad is a major comic book collector/enthusiast. I think he is passing that down to my son) ;)
Jake was pretty bummed when the week ended. We all had a really great time. Thanks for driving down to see us! We miss you already :)























2 comments:
Glad you guys had a nice week! I bet the kids had a blast. It's always fun to have the grandparents around :).
Those pictures are adorable!! And I'm glad you got to take so many with them and their Grandparents. Looks like you had a really fun time too!!
Post a Comment