Since my last post was all about Jake, I thought I would post up a few funny pictures of Mia from the last couple months. She has grown up so much! She talks nonstop now, can run a full on sprint, and has a bad case of selective hearing. Through it all, she is still such a joyful presence in our home. She makes me laugh all day long, parroting things that she hears, and coming to her own little conclusions.
The other day, after we dropped off Jake at school, I strapped Mia back into her car seat. She retrieved her little baggie of grapes (breakfast on the go that morning), and after grabbing the last 2 grapes, she held out the ziplock for me, saying "Here mommy, these grapes are all gone now". Her complex sentences never stop surprising me, I'm always waiting to hear what she'll come up with next :)
Watching a show, so intently.
Most days when I go into Mia's room to get her out of bed, she is standing there, happy and ready to go, with a cheerful "good morning mommy!!"
But sometimes on preschool days, I have to wake her up before she is ready. this one morning she was so happy to just lay there, totally unwilling to stand and greet the day. It lasted long enough for me to get my phone and snap a picture. funny girl :)
Mia loves to accessorize. She gets a huge thrill out of picking out her own jewelry, and she will hold still ONLY when I'm doing her hair or painting her nails. Otherwise, she is always on the move! The girly hairdresser in me is so excited to have such a pinkalicious little daughter!
She couldn't decide which new piece of jewelry she wanted, and just put on everything I offered for her to choose from lol. She did eventually pick her top 2 ;)
First braid a couple months ago. (As of this weekend, we can do 2 french pigtail braids.) I love that her hair is getting so long.
Awhile back we went to Target and I let the kids each pick something from the Dollar Spot. Mia chose these butterfly wings, and loves to wear them as often as possible!
We do a lot of shopping together while Jake is in school.
Shoe shopping at Stride Rite.. the store attendant was sizing Mia's feet (we are finally to a size 5!!!), and after putting her into her new shoes, Mia looked up into the woman's face and said "Oooooo so cumpee and soff!!! (comfy and soft) :)
A few weeks ago I surprised Mia with a Tinkerbell shirt. She was sooooo thrilled, and seriously every time she wears it, you can see her glowing with joyful pride.
"Look at me!!!" (we hear that phrase A LOT)
another funny photo, balancing on top of a case of frozen juice cans. Just enjoying life ;)
Apparently one pencil wasn't enough. Mia is obsessed with coloring.
Although Mia and I love our one on one time during preschool, she is still the happiest when she gets to hang with her big brother.
Pinterest project! Pipe cleaners and a colander.. actually kept them entertained for a good 20 minutes!
They definitely fight sometimes, but I'm glad they have each other. sibling love is awesome.
In recent updates, last week Mia started climbing in and out of her crib. Jake didn't even attempt that til his was about 5 months older than she is now. But Mia has always been very determined, and is constantly throwing caution to the wind. I wish I had taken a video of her climbing out, because it was amazing. (You'd think she was way too short to do that so carefully). She is such a little daredevil.
The transition has been fantastic, I honestly feel like the switch to a bed wasn't stressful at all. Way to go Mia!!!
I'm so thankful for this little chick. Love you Mia girl!!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment