At the end of March, just 3 short weeks after we our Disneyland vacation, we got back on the road and headed to San Diego. Wesley's family was throwing a big birthday celebration for his Grandma, and since almost everyone would be there, we drove the short 5 hour trip to spend a long weekend!
We got there on Saturday, just a few hours before the party. It was great to see Wesley's parents, who had driven in from Utah. Jake was so happy to play with them again!
One awesome perk about hanging out with Wesley's family is the fantastic Chinese food. The whole big family gets together whenever we visit, and just sits down and eats about 10 courses of amazing food. Its seriously incredible. So thats what we did for the Birthday dinner!
sorry about the crappy quality--lousy phone picture in dim lighting.
On this visit, we stayed with Wes' cousin Angela and her cute little family. I felt so welcome and comfortable there. Jake gets along with her girls really well, and their house was so kid friendly--baby gates up, lots of toys, lots of goodies. Definitely beat staying at a hotel. Thanks again Angela! It was really fun getting to know you even better that weekend :)
The next day was pretty relaxing. We went to the beach even though it was kinda chilly--My kids have never played in the waves on a beach before, and I've been so excited for them to experience it. I spent my entire childhood living on the coasts, and really want my kids to have memories at the beach just like I did!
Angela and I have something in common--our love for taking lots of pictures. So we both took our cameras, and forced an impromptu photo session on everyone. :)
Jake and his cousin Katelyn got along so well. Don't they look like they could be siblings?
After we went to the beach, we headed back home. It rained the rest of the day, so we stayed in, and some family came over for dinner that night.
Jake loved reading bedtime stories with his cousins :)
Monday was awesome. We went to Sea World! I don't know who loved it the most.. me or the kids. When I was a little girl, and was asked in school what I wanted to "be" when I grew up, I almost always said "a dolphin trainer at Sea World!" haha.
Jake and Katelyn shrieked with joy every time the killer whales would do a trick during the Shamu show. They were laughing so loud through the entire program. I think they did a pretty good job entertaining the 30 or so people sitting right around us :)
Mia doesn't usually hold still for longer than about 20 seconds.. but she held still for those whales!
At one point I was pushing the stroller with Jake and his cousin in it, and had Mia in the carrier. She started playing with my map--i think we looked pretty funny :)
Waiting in line for a bounce house.
little side note: Sea World has gotten so much cooler since I was a kid! I don't remember there being so many fun rides and play areas.
Jake and Mia were really fascinated by the big aquariums.
I loved the Beluga Whales!
Cute little kiddos. :)
Don't worry, he's plastic :)
Watching some penguins
She got mad when I tried to force her to take a picture while she was looking at the sea lions. ;)
Mia was totally content with her spoils. Also, she says the word "turtle" all the time now, when she is looking for that little guy around the house! so adorable.
























3 comments:
What a fun trip!! I'm glad you live so close to Wes' family in San Diego. That definitely makes the 5 hour trip worth it! Your kids really do look like siblings! So cute!
I loved all the pics! It sounds like it was a fun little weekend getaway. We'll have to go to Sea World one of these days. And I agree, Jake and Katelyn could TOTALLY be siblings!
Kristie, I totally thought I commented on your last two posts! What a fun trip to San Diego. We have been wanting to do Sea World for a while now. I also love that Katelyn looks so much like Jake. They could totally pass for siblings. What cute kids!
Also, LOVE the birthday post to Jake. I especially love his video! "yesterday I was three all day!" Haha, we had the same conversation with Kait on her 3rd birthday. It is a little strange thinking that yesterday you were one thing, and today you are another. What a cute kid Jake is...Actually both your kids are adorable. Every time I see a picture of Mia I laugh because I can see the spunk in her eyes. Ah, a baby after my own heart. The spunky ones are exhausting and fun! Enjoy swimming lessons today!
Post a Comment