Friday, April 2, 2010

happy/sad

I have lots of catching up to do because we have had quite a bit going on around here the last couple of months! For today I will just continue on where I left off a couple posts ago, when Wesleys mom flew out from Thailand to meet her new grandson. Mid-February (when Melanie's baby Mark was about 3 weeks old) Grandma Hurst came to stay! We actually live just down the street from Melanie, so we were able to spend time with them almost every day. Jake loved all the attention from Grandma, and the opportunity to spend lots of time playing with Scott!
A few days into the visit, we found out some bittersweet news. Wesley's grandma (his dad's mom) had become very sick and was in the ICU at a hospital in St George. The sweet part was that Wesley's dad was able to fly over to see his mother, so we were able to see him as well. The sad part is that Jakes great-grandma Hurst ended up passing away a couple weeks later. I didn't know her very well, but from the little I knew, she was an amazing woman. It was sad to see Wesley's family mourn her passing. It's comforting to know that she is at peace, finally not in pain, and able to rest.

During that month we also witnessed Mark's baby blessing. My sister Sydney came up and took a few pictures of the family which was great. I just have a handful of pictures to post up from the month, but I hope you like them! Thanks for reading :)





the mischief makers.

I just loved this picture I took of Mark sleeping on grandpa :)

So, I know that Syd is the real photographer in the family, but I have started learning a little bit myself! With a little help from Sydney, and hours sitting with glazed eyes in front of my photoshop software, I think I'm starting to do an ok job. I took some pictures of baby Mark when he turned a month old. They were inside the house, so the lighting wasn't great, but I still thought they turned out nice. Here are a couple of my favorites!



5 comments:

Jer, Cheronne, Brayden, Abbey, Lincoln & Beckham said...

Kristie you did an amazing job with those pictures! Yay for you! I don't think I will ever be able to sit down and learn photo shop, I give up too easily. And I can't believe how big Jake is getting. I love his tie and side part, simply adorable!

Unknown said...

I agree you did a great job with the pictures, Kristie! I love the family ones of all Wes' family too! You don't get a chance to take those very often so I'm glad you had some time with all of them. Way to get things rolling with the 'catch-up'...I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with blogging as well :). Love you and miss you!

Tracy and Odie said...

jake's hair is killing me! it looks so great like that. you all look so great.

The Thelins said...

Kristie your little boy is growing up! I know that's not what you want to hear. Such cute pictures all around. And gorgeous family picture in front of the mountains. PS I LOVE your boots!

Sabine Schindler said...

Great job capturing so much, Kristie.
Love all the pictures you took of Mark and the ones of your families.
I agree with Jess and am so glad you got to spend time with Wes' family.
They all look so happy!!
Love my cute little Jakey. He does look so grown up wearing a tie and having his hair parted. Cute!!
I'm so glad I got to come out and spend a few days with you guys!