Saturday, April 24, 2010

all caught up!

So my past two posts have been about visits from family. Now that I am all caught up with those, I want to write a rundown of everything else I've been doing that I would consider blog worthy. To be honest, I could probably write a whole post about how I felt when I woke up this morning. Because waking up to sunshine and 65 degrees on Jakes birthday weekend felt wonderful! I love Saturday mornings--no pressure to get stuff done, and Wesley is home to play with me and Jake! So here I am, writing this post before I set out on a walk with plans of working off a few calories and soaking up every ounce of Vitamin D that I can manage! Now on to my updates :)

At the tail end of my weekend with mom and the sisters, my cousin Jerai made a quick 2 day stop in Provo before flying to Oregon to visit her own fam. It was so fun to see her!!! Sadly we didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked, but here are a couple good ones :)
Unfortunately, Jake was asleep when we took these, so he's not included. Oh well.
Cute little boyd!!!! Poor kid had allergies and was dripping giant crocodile tears the whole time!

I threw Sydney a bridal shower a couple weeks ago. I was nervous to throw one without my trusty "shower team" (aka, Jessica and Jerai), but it turned out really nice!

This was in the entry way--a Raffle with prizes, and the party favors

Preparing the food. mmmm

Chocolate drizzled hearts on the cupcakes were so fun to make. Thank you Martha Stewart!




Meghan came down for the shower with Caitlin--Jake's favorite little lady hands down! They stayed for a while after the party to hang out. It was so much fun!!! Jake even shared his cars with her (an epic gesture)
Sorry about the partial nudity.. they had just eaten spaghetti, and no one wants to get that out of a clean white shirt :)


Last month I was hired to do some bridal hair for an old friend from my Paul Mitchell days. I also did her mom and the bridesmaids! It was so fun to get my hands into some fun updos. I used to do weddings all the time, but haven't been doing them as much since I had Jake. I forgot how much I enjoyed it!

I got together with some other beauty school friends for the reception. It was so nice to catch up with them.

April showers bring May flowers--Yeah yeah, I know the rain is important. But I realllyyy love the sunny days in between! We snapped a few pictures at the park last weekend and I thought I would share a few before I wrap up my post.

Jake loved feeding the ducks!!! After a while we noticed that tons of fish were joining in to eat the crumbs in the water. Jake was so excited about them! He kept leaning over the dock saying "You want this?" again and again, throwing crumbs to them. We may need to get a pet goldfish in the future :)




Jake is cutting his two year molars--all four at once (really NOT fun). But I can't think of a better time for that to happen. With a weekend full of nothing but sunshine, lots of birthday presents to unwrap, and a trip to the zoo, Jake will have plenty of distractions to help him forget about his toothaches. With all that said, and with all my pictures posted and labeled, I think I will stop writing about my life, and go live it now! Thanks for reading! ;)

5 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

I love reading your blog Kristie! You are so entertaining!! It looked like you did an awesome job on the shower! Way to go! I'm so sad that I wasn't there, but Boyd and I were sick and all three of us ended up with sinus infections and lucky me got an ear infection as well. Also, I'm amazed at your updo. You are so talented. Oh, and the chocolate hearts on your cupcakes. Super cute. Love you!

The Thelins said...

Cute shower, cute pictures, cute Jake with the ducks/fish. I so can't wait to see you guys!

Meghan and Tyler said...

Kristie, I am going to say the same thing I said on Jessica's blog..I AM A SLACKER! I loved you last couple of posts and just haven't had a spare hand. I seriously love the pictures of Kait and Jake together. I giggle every time I see them and their buddah bellies. I loved how well they played together. Why oh why can't we be neighbors and then our kids can play everyday!? You threw and amazing shower, and thanks again for letting me stay to wait out the traffic...and bug you. I miss not living closer. Enjoy the sunshine. I hear that it is supposed to rain this weekend:(, maybe we will have to go visit Jess, I hear that Arizona has some pretty sunny weather:) Love you!

Sabine Schindler said...

Wow, Kristie! You did have a lot going on in the last little while.
I'm so proud of you and thankful that you threw such a nice Bridal shower for Syd. You did an amazing job!!
I love all the pictures too, especially the ones with Jakey at the park!! Cute Maennel!! I miss him so much! Can't wait till July!
Love you!!!

Rachel said...

SO cute Kristie! I loved seeing all of your pictures!!