I feel like my muse has gone missing, because I have really been struggling to find the inspiration/motivation to keep up my blog!
And thats ridiculous, because I have had so many wonderful things to blog about in the recent past.
So muse or no muse, I am going to tell you about my week with all the girls in the fam! I should start by talking about that fact that my kid sister Sydney got engaged a few weeks ago. It's actually been in the works but unofficial for a couple months. She had already decided the approximate time of the wedding (july 20th) and the place (utah)--so until the rock was in place, we were covertly planning. Finally towards the end of March, the ring was secured and we began openly and furiously planning.
July may sound far away, but Sydney flies back to VA in about a week and will stay there and work until the first of July. So, we had a lot of things to organize in just over a month! On the last weekend in March, my mom flew over from Virginia, and Jessica packed up Sawyer and flew in from Phoenix. We spent 4 crazy days finalizing plans and having a blast together! Jessica stayed a few extra days longer than mom, and as usual, it all ended too quickly. Here are pictures from the long weekend!
Jake loved having Grandma for a visit!!! He was so excited to show our house guests all of his toys and especially his matchbox cars.
Nostalgic walk through BYU campus. Syd had some artwork on display at the Library, so we went and checked it out!

Touring the reception center. We will be celebrating in pretty much the secret garden. It's gorgeous!
Shopping!!!
On this outing, I figured we would only need one stroller since I have a perfectly useful double, and even with Meghan and her babe Caitlin along, it worked out great! Only one person had to man the stroller, and the kids just rotated taking naps and being able to run around and stretch their legs! I can't tell you how in love with my stroller I am. It's just that wonderful :)
At Chipotle--the one and only place where Jake will actually eat the food! Fortunately it's my favorite as well! :)
On Sunday afternoon, being a week before Easter, we went to the park for a little egg hunt! Along with my mom and sisters, Syd's fiancee Mitch, her roomie Rachel, and of course Wesley, came to watch the kids find chocolate treasures. Grandma was thoughtful enough to bring the boys adorable Easter baskets, and supplied the chocolate as well!
Naturally Jake's basket was Lightning Mcqueen. What else??


Cute story--my mom brought a bunch of chocolate for the hunt. There were tin foil wrapped bunnies, race cars, and lady bugs. Jake would NOT pick up the bugs. (What little boy doesn't like bugs?) In fact, when we finally convinced him to collect them, he would simply pick them up and bring them to Sawyer. He was all over the bunnies and hogged all of the cars (obviously) but he was nice enough to put each and every lady bug into Sawyers basket.

Enjoying their spoils :)
By the way--Jake LOVED Sawyer. He really loved playing the "big brother" role, and Sawyer is such a tough kid that he was really able to keep up with his crazy older cousin. In fact, The day I took Jess and Sawyer to the airport, Jake started sobbing when he realized that Sawyer was going away. He had big crocodile tears running down his cheeks and kept saying "Sawyer!!!!! come back!!!!! noo!!!!" Break my heart why don't you. Seriously, does he even know what he does to me? Its been a couple weeks and he is still asking for Sawyer on a daily basis. Oh Jakey, you kill me :) I tell you what, Jake may have been a late bloomer with the talking, but he has more than enough spunk to go around!
Ok, until next time. I'm still not caught up, but this post puts me a lot closer!!! Thanks for reading, and taking interest in my life!
6 comments:
Oh dang it you beat me to the catch-up post! Haha! I actually sat down to write mine today too but haven't gotten as far! :) We miss you guys too. I love that Jake loved Sawyer so much. I'm sure if Sawyer could talk he'd be reminiscing about Jakey as well. It was a fun weekend. I'm still laughing about the bugs in Sawyer's easter basket. Hilarious. Thanks for having all of us. Can't wait for July now!
I am so excited for the wedding so I can kiss Jake's cute little face! It's been way too long! I know you girls had a blast and I'm glad you could all do it together. Also that is so cute that Jake is still asking for Sawyer!!
How exciting that your sister is getting married. What kind of stroller do you have? I have been looking for a good double stroller.
That's so neat that you all got to spend time together - and helping Sydney with wedding preparations! :) Looks like you all had a fun week!
I love hearing your stories about Jake and Sawyer. I wish I saw Molly and Olivia more just so the two girls could get to know each other. They've only seen each other once since they were about three or four months old!
Very nice post, Kristie!!
I love reading and remembering the fun weekend we all had together.
Too short, but totally worth the trip!!
The best part for me was to watch Jake and Sawyer play together.
It's just the ultimate reward of motherhood to see your kids be happy parents. Thank you guys!!
Post a Comment