Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer Updates

I'm way overdue for a new post.  We have just been soaking in our last wonderful weeks of the summer sunshine.  I can't believe we are already changing seasons.  It has been an awesome summer, and Jake and I have been spending as much time outdoors as possible. All I can say is, it's a good thing that the fall is packed with holidays, BYU football games, and multicolored leaves, because that's what it takes for me to say goodbye to the heat :)  But, I've lit my apple cider candles, and am preparing for the upcoming cool weather, already feeling those holiday jitters.  

As usual, I have a bunch of random pictures to post, and will try to give a good summary of our happenings along the way. I hope all of you have had a great summer!

First things first.  End of August I got to see Jess and her fam for a few days.  They were visiting Utah for their annual family reunion with Nate's side.  They stayed for 2 nights before going up to the Larsons, and after it was over, Jess and Sawyer stayed behind to hang with me and Jake for a bit before flying home to Nathan.  We had so much fun, and as usual, it went by way too fast. So fast, in fact, that we snapped maybe 5 pictures.  Woops. But here are a couple anyways. 

Going for a walk with my snazzy new stoller.  The jump seat in back actually comes off, so this was the maiden voyage for my stroller as a double.  It went very smoothly, and I'm excited for the day I can fill it with two little babes of my own!! 
Jake introducing Sawyer to the wonders of the exersaucer.  
 One night when Jerai and Phil were here, I was just going to give Jake a quick bedtime bath.  Jess and Jerai decided to get in on it too.  What these pictures don't show, are all the parents on the other side of the camera.  All 6 of us squeezed into the bathroom to watch our cute boys having their first group bath! 


Negative milestone--Jake figured out how to climb on all the furniture a few weeks ago, and I now have a master climber on my hands.  Wes caught him trying to climb up the entertainment center yesterday. holy moly, I am so scared of what I'm in for!

Jake loves to color.  Now if I could just get him to enjoy coloring in his book instead of all over himself...

Around mid-summer, Jake dropped his second nap.  Most days, things run pretty smoothly.  Occasionally his nap gets cut short, and then he tends to crash during dinner in his highchair. 

My cousin Jerai and I have been taking advantage of the hot summer by arranging play dates together with our boys.  Her little guy, Boyd, is just 5 months younger than Jake.  These pics are from her backyard. Thanks to a hose, a kiddy pool, and a dog, the kids were entertained and we were able to relax and work on our tans!

Poor kid. Jake thought it would be fun to water him. (and that water was FREEZING).  Luckily, Boyd is a lot tougher than Jake, (even though he's younger).  If roles were reversed, Jake would've cried like a baby, but Boyd took the bullying in stride.  

A couple weeks ago, we went shopping at the Gateway.  I brought along Jake's swim stuff and we let him play in the sprinkler playground as a reward for being such a good shopper :)

Unfortunately, Jake was afraid of the huge crowd of older kids splashing around.  Wesley took one for the team, and faced the fountains, getting drenched in the process.

We got Jake his very own chair at Ikea a few weeks ago.

He loves watching Cars, Bolt, and High School Musical 3 the most. 

Daddy and Jake eating chicken nuggets together.  One of the many reasons Jake prefers to hang out with dad.  Mom never lets him eat on the couch :) 

These are just a few pics I snapped of Jake at the park the other day.  It used to be a lot easier to take his picture, back in the day, before he could run away so quickly.  But I got a few cute ones anyway :)


As always, thanks for reading!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job catching up! I love all of the pictures! Jake sitting on his chair watching a movie is soooo cute! And of course I love the ones with Jake and Sawyer hangin out...can't wait till they can play together! I'm so jealous of yours and Jerai's little backyard shindigs. Fun stuff. I LOVED staying with you guys a few extra days! Can't wait to see you next!

Jerai Moulton said...

I'm so glad you posted...I've been waiting. I also love all of the pictures and to hear about Jake's adventures (and I guess yours too). Guess what?! We've got the bug problem under control, so come back and let's play some more!!

Meghan and Tyler said...

I love picture posts!!! Too bad we didn't get to your house earlier so Kait could have had a group bath with the boys :) Remember how we thought that would have been funny. I love the picture of Wes and Jake at the Gateway...it's awesome what our hubbies will do fr their children. Thanks for the sumer update. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! Can't believe how quick the time does fly by! Glad you and Jerai can have some fun together with the boys, it will be interesting to see if the second cousins will have fun in college together:)

The Thelins said...

Oh my goodness that little boy isa growing up fast! He's such a cutie pie. I'm so sad we're not there to participate in all the fun. We're visiting next week for the game- I want to make sure to get together!

Unknown said...

I can't stand it! Jake is just the most beautiful little boy! I just stare at his pictures. You should tell baby gap about him.