So Jake hit his 15 month mark last week. With all the growing up he's been doing, I find myself constantly entertained. It's so funny watching him slowly turn into a mischievous little devil. I'm amazed at the trouble he can get into, and the stuff he does when he gets bored. I have a few funny stories to record in my online journal, so hopefully you enjoy them almost as much as I did :)
First off, a couple weeks ago, Jake discovered my chocolate stash. Its a lower drawer in the kitchen, and it's filled with all sorts of delicious German sweets. One day I was cleaning the house, and noticed that it had gotten quiet--too quiet. I went into the kitchen and found jake bent over the stash, about to put a shiny, tin foil wrapped, easter egg into his mouth. I called him out and told him to drop it, which he reluctantly did. That's when i noticed the steady stream of brown drool coming from his closed lips. I got down eye level with him, and realized that he had very large chipmunk cheeks. I stuck my finger in, and pulled out two mashed up easter eggs, complete with foil. so gross. I explained to him about how he was not allowed into the sweets stash without mommy or daddy.
Later that evening I caught him leaning over the drawer again. I silently pointed him out to Wesley, so he could see what his sneaky little boy was up to. Ok, so here's the funny thing. Jake listens A LOT better to daddy, because as soon as Wes said "Jake?" he dropped his handful of chocolate, slammed the drawer shut, and looked up, innocent as could be. very tricky.
And now, for the third strike. A couple days later, I thought Jake had finally gotten over the drawer obsession. He was playing on the kitchen floor while I cooked dinner. All of a sudden I see this little body whiz past me, making a beeline out of the room. I called after him, and he dropped a monstrous load of goodies and kept running. When I caught up to him, he clamped his mouth shut, and as I tried to coax him into opening it, he began to cry. Let me tell you, watching jake throw a tantrum with a mouthful of chocolate, while trying to keep his mouth shut was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Eventually, I got his mouth open, and realized he had unwrapped an entire bar of chocolate, shoved it into his mouth, grabbed an armload of other stuff, and booked it out of the room. We've kept a better watch on him and we haven't had any chocolate incidents since. I love my little sneak thief.
(no, we didn't put him in jail, he climbed in there all by himself :) )
Another great story--
Ok, so obviously Jake has a sweet tooth, but the nice thing is, he is equally obsessed with brushing his teeth. I generally will help him brush, and then let him run free with the toothbrush afterward so he can get his mouth nice and clean. (I suspect it has more to do with eating the yummy toothpaste, and chewing on the fun brush than oral hygiene, but I'll take it!)
So anyway, I have been going through toothbrushes like crazy. In fact, over the last week, Jake lost all his kid size ones, and I was letting him use our extra adult ones. A couple days ago, I was getting something out of this trunk in my living room, and opened the lid to find this:

Apparently Jake was starting a small toothbrush horde, shoving them through the handle of the trunk. Sooo sneaky!
Every day Jake is learning new things that make his and our world so much more exciting. Although life can sometimes be harder with all the mischief, I wouldn't trade it for anything! It gives me so much joy being able to see him experience life, and really, we generally have a blast together. I'm sure he will get even trickier as the months go by, and I'm happy/nervous to see what he comes up with in the future. I have a few more pics with some of jake's weirder moments. I hope you enjoy them :)
jake has recently become obsessed with trying on shoes. any that he can get his hands on..
It's pretty funny watching him try to walk with my flip flops.

Last week we bought Jake a pair of those squeaky shoes from a boutique shop. They have quickly become his favorite toy, and he will carry them around, nudging me in the legs until I help him put them on. I can get on board with the obnoxious squeaking all day long (they keep him so entertained!) but maybe I shouldn't have chosen such a dressy looking pair... because he wears them with just about everything.. including his sleeper the other night. He is so wierd, but how could a mom deny that sweet little face?

Final story: Jake loves playing peek-a-boo, except he likes to be the one hiding and jumping out. This morning, I heard him giggling and saying "bye-bye" from my bathroom.. I went in and found this..
He was cracking up, waiting for me to come in so he could scare me. I ran and grabbed the camera, came back in, and began saying "where's jake?" "where's jake?"
and then, he jumped out to surprise his unsuspecting momma.

Could I love him more???
9 comments:
Oh my goodness, that is so funny! I love Jake, and I loved the pictures. It is a good thing you are writing these things down so that he can read them when he is older. I can't wait till Kait gets to this age...I am excited and already tired thinking about it. You are such a cute mommmy. Jake is turning into such a cute, funny kid.
so, so, so, so cute! my mother-in-law tells me a story about one of her sons who did the same thing jake did - shoving the chocolate bar in his mouth - only he did it with shredded wheat. woof. i love how "boy" jake is. even with his love of shoes and chocolate, he's such a little boy! i love it.
where did you get that belt? those are hard to find!
OH MY GOSH! Those are the cutest stories! Thanks for sharing :) can't wait to see you and his sweet little face in 9 days or so!!
I think it must be time to move the chocolate to a higher drawer or cupboard:) Great stories, I feel bad, my kids got gyped in the recording of pictures and stories, your kids will love it!
he is a silly little man!! and so cute!
Love this post! Great stories. He's such a stud.
Those are some fun stories. He is such a cute kid. It's such a good idea to record these things on your blog. I should start doing that because I never remember to write them down.
I'm cracking up picturing him with the chocolate tantrum. Thanks for sharing those stories! You have got the cutest little boy ever, btw.
We have pictures of Macie and Trenton under our kitchen sink as well. It is a great place to hide. With all of his antics, it looks like you might have a Macie on your hands. She was just like Jake. He seems to be a real delight. A little mischief makes for some great memories. The tooth brushes was the best
Post a Comment