Christmas. What can I say? It was fabulous. I knew that it would be a good one--the first with our little son Jacob. But then, it ended up being truly memorable. We found a great deal on some flights to Virginia, and my good husband agreed to jump on board with me and surprise my mom on Christmas Eve. We stayed for 10 days--and they were so wonderful!!! if you want to see my moms shocked reaction to find us standing in her kitchen right in time for Christmas dinner, you can find it on my sister sydney's blog. I have about a hundred pictures I wish I could share with all of you from the holidays, but that would be insane. Also, I doubt you really want to look at that many. But I will post up some of them, with little blurbs underneath. I hope you like them!
Jake was so excited for the trip to Virginia! Well, at least if he knew thats what was happening, I'm sure this would've been his exact reaction.
Helping us pack. Or chewing on the suitcases..
"Come on mom, let's go let's go!"
Since we flew out on Christmas Eve, Jake got to open his presents on the 23rd. I think he was mostly excited about the wrapping paper.
At my parent's house, Christmas Eve-- Brats & Sauerkraut- mmmboy.
Jake was so excited to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa! He loved all the attention, and seemed to remember them from thanksgiving still, which was cool. I'm sure all the web-chats helped too :)
We did New Years Eve tepanyaki-style again, and it was sooo good. Wes and I are thinking about continuing the tradition every year!
A trip to Fredericksburg wouldn't be complete without an afternoon downtown. I love that place!
I love how my mom propped up our box of pastries for the picture.
maybe next year Jake will enjoy the pastries too?
One day we went to Williamsburg. It was so much fun! Everything was so Christmasy, and there are a few streets with all original homes and buildings from the Colonial times. Also it was like 60 degrees--very refreshing after the 15 degrees we were doing in Utah.
It was so wonderful being able to spend 10 full days with Wesley. He has been working a lot and it was just great for Jake and I to see so much of him over Christmas.
These were not very comfortable-- This would have been a sucky punishment for sure.
Jake loves playing this game with his dad. An awesome shot by Sydney.
The trip came to an end of course, and now I am just trying to get back to the old routine. I've been thinking a lot about all the things I have to be thankful for. It's just amazing how much can happen in one year. Just one year ago, I was growing a belly, and we had just chosen a name for our soon to be son. Now little Jacob is about 18 pounds, has 6 teeth, and is getting very close to walking. We are truly grateful for how much we have been blessed this year. I'm starting to forget what life was like before I was a mom. And you know what? thats alright, because with all the challenges of motherhood, the rewards have been incredible. I am so lucky to have such a sweet little boy and such a supportive husband. I love them both very much. I'm sure this New Year will bring with it many new trials and surprises, but I'm not worried--With wonderful family and friends, and the gospel in my home, I know that I will be blessed with all the love and support that I need. Happy New Year everyone!
5 comments:
I LOVE all the pictures! They make me so happy. What a cute kid! I'm so glad you love being a mommy. I can't wait to be one with you! It's making me more and more excited just seeing how much fun you have with Jake. Love you guys!
Dang Jess!! I was thinking of writing the exact same thing: "I LOVE all of the pictures!" But you stole it! They are adorable! I kept saying to myself, 'that ones my favorite' and then I would see the next picture and say no, 'THAT ones my favorite'. And so it went for every picture!!! Hooray for family!!
I love all the pics....we need a Schindler/Thelin Reunion! Happy New Year!
I also was going to write that exact same thing: I LOVE all the pictures! They are adorable. Jake is going to be a heartbreaker. I know it's a German tradition, but brats and sourkraut on Christmas Eve? Really? No thank you!! :) It's funny seeing those pictures of Jake unwrapping his presents, but really just eating the paper. I have several just like them of Peyton. And I can't believe he's almost walking. How time flies... WOW. We miss you. I'm glad you had good holidays and were able to make it back east for your momma. And ditto to the Schindler/Thelin reunion. We really should get on that!
I love your blog, Kristie. You really summed it all up with pictures and the right words. We did have a wonderful time together and I miss you all terribly.
Thanks for making the trip out here and especially for surprising me like that. I love you!
Post a Comment