It's been 10 weeks since little Jacob came into our lives. After all the adjustments we have made, and nights of lost sleep, we are finally starting to have some structure and routine. Jake isn't very big on naps, but i am so lucky, because He looovvvveessss to sleep in! Every morning, Wesley brings Jake into our bed before he leaves for work. I feed him and we cuddle for about an hour, and then I wake up and start my day. I usually get about 3 hours in the morning to clean the house and get myself ready which is awesome. Then, around 11 ish, Jake usually wakes up. This is my favorite time to hang out with him. I hop in bed and say good morning, and he smiles and babbles at me, so overjoyed to begin the new day. I've decided he is definitely a morning person. We usually spend at least 10 minutes talking in bed, then we go to his room and pick out his clothes. After a moisturizing cream "massage" for his super-dry skin, we get dressed and officially begin our day. This is really how most mornings go. I am so grateful for this time with him. Becoming a mom has been a huge adjustment for me, and it can definitely be frustrating and very demanding at times, but i so look forward to my mornings with jake.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Mornings with Jake
It's been 10 weeks since little Jacob came into our lives. After all the adjustments we have made, and nights of lost sleep, we are finally starting to have some structure and routine. Jake isn't very big on naps, but i am so lucky, because He looovvvveessss to sleep in! Every morning, Wesley brings Jake into our bed before he leaves for work. I feed him and we cuddle for about an hour, and then I wake up and start my day. I usually get about 3 hours in the morning to clean the house and get myself ready which is awesome. Then, around 11 ish, Jake usually wakes up. This is my favorite time to hang out with him. I hop in bed and say good morning, and he smiles and babbles at me, so overjoyed to begin the new day. I've decided he is definitely a morning person. We usually spend at least 10 minutes talking in bed, then we go to his room and pick out his clothes. After a moisturizing cream "massage" for his super-dry skin, we get dressed and officially begin our day. This is really how most mornings go. I am so grateful for this time with him. Becoming a mom has been a huge adjustment for me, and it can definitely be frustrating and very demanding at times, but i so look forward to my mornings with jake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds like the perfect way to start a day! and that picture is so stinking adorable!
yeah. i officially wanna squeeze that kid till his eyeballs pop. he is so CUTE.
He is SO CUTE! I agree with Sydney, I just want to squeeze him. And we have the same duvet- gotta love IKEA!
That actually makes me not as sad for P to grow up. Jake is a doll. It was wonderful to see you last night and share new mommy stories. Let's do it more often, now that we're stay-at-homers.
i can't get over how much i love this picture! He's so stinkin cute! I'm with Syd on the eye-ball popping squeeze urge. love you guys!
hahahaha omg. i was just looking at your pictures again and decided to post a comment about how much i wanted to squeeze jake till his eyeballs popped. and then i just realized thats EXACTLY what I already wrote awhile ago. hahaha....I think I have a problem.
Post a Comment