Monday, July 14, 2008

Party Time


    (Jake loved his first 4th of July)I just wanted to do a quick catch-up on whats been happening the last couple weeks. on June 30th, Wesley's parents came to see Jake all the way from Thailand.  They are in the middle of a 4-5  year job assignment over there, and were finally able to make a trip to come see their new grandson.  They are staying half the time with us and half with Melanie, Wesley's sister.  Jake has loved hanging out with them.  
We also celebrated the 4th of July and Wesley's 26th Birthday.  It was great to spend these with so much family.
    (at the Cheesecake Factory!...Jake is sleeping on the  floor behind Wes and I)

           (We bought matching outfits for Jake and his cousin Scott. It was so cute!)


Last Saturday, Jessica and I threw Jerai a baby shower.  I've decided it was probably the best baby shower ever, and not necessarily to our credit.  It was held in Jill Moulton's (Jerai's mother in law) backyard, which is arguably the most beautiful backyard known to mankind. The setting was so beautiful, next to a pond and under the shade of a tree.  Jake loved it! Also, I think he loved it because he got to hang with his new cousin Peyton, who is 2 months younger and officially one-third his size.
  

      (This is Jake's current favorite nap position.)

I was kind of dreading throwing a shower at 10 o'clock in the morning. Mothers who still have to get up 3 times with their babies every night will understand.  Jake must have been really excited about the shower tho, because something very special happened on that shower eve.  He slept for FIVE HOURS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!. By that i mean, he only got up ONCE (at 5:30).  It was the best night of my life. the 2 nights since that shower, he has continued to sleep this way.  I think i know what this means, but i am afraid to jinx it---could he possibly be just around the corner from sleeping through the night? maybe! 

Also, he is starting to play with his toys.  He recently discovered the wonder that is his baby gym, and has attached himself to an unsuspecting stuffed giraffe. (whom he sucks on until soaked with baby drool).  Jake is such an individual--"I don't want a bottle or a pacifier--Just this hairy giraffe to suck on, thank you." He's growing up so fast! By the way, I had the oldest child at the baby shower.  So weird.  
                                   
(I have no idea why he was only in half a sleeper. )


8 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

Was that a bugaboo stroller I saw behind you at the baby shower? Is it yours- I want one sooo bad! Anyway, I have the second oldest child out of the little ones in our ward, and I'm the youngest. It's really weird. And if it's possible (which obviously it is) Jake is getting cuter everyday! I definitely think I'm going to have to go up to Fredericksburg when go to visit.

The Thelins said...

OH MY GOODNESS THOSE BABIES ARE CUTE! You've gotta wmail me those pictures. Jake has such a sweet smile!! I can't wait for Peyton to start smiling on purpose. Also, I'm so happy Jake is continuing his little miracle of only waking up once. That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you, and SO jealous!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the giraffe. (and my feet in the background of that picture :)...haha). You look so good in those 4th of July pictures, kristie! Jake looks pretty good too. Love you!

Jess Litster said...

oh my gracious!!!! jake is soooo cute!!! i cant believe how much he has changed since i last saw him!!! i want to hold him again!!! you look so so pretty in all of these pictures!!! you are just glowing! i love you and miss you!!! give jakey a kiss for me! :)...and i'll give sarah one for you if i see her around here! hehe

Jess Litster said...

oh and ps...you are such a great writer! i was laughing out loud when you were talking about the giraffe! hahaha!

Sydney Marné said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sydney Marné said...

YAYYYY!!! i gave him that giraffe!!!! :) good call on my part; not gonna lie. those pictures of jake and peyton are sooo cute! and you look so pretty pooh :)

The Thelins said...

ashtonthelin@gmail.com I can't WAIT to see those pictures. They're the cutest pictures ever.