
It has been a big week for us! It started out with an overnight visit from Jess and Nate last Tuesday. We really miss being next door neighbors with them, so it was nice to be able to hang out for a couple of days. We showed them around Salem, and stopped at this pond to take some family pictures. This was a first for us with our new little boy! I'd been putting it off for nearly 2 months, hoping I would lose some of the prego poundage I was carting around. It was an awesome couple of days, and we are dreading the day that they move to Arizona for dental school :(



The next fun thing was yet another sleepover! My good friend Sarah is leaving for her mission this week, so on Friday she drove up from Cedar City. Our other old roommate Jessica drove down with her husband Jeremy and 5 month old daughter Lilee from Boise. We had such a blast, cooked dinner together, and stayed up talking until 3 AM. Something funny: Lilee is a realllyyyyy tiny 5 month old. She was only slightly larger than our 2 month old son. It was so strange seeing a baby Jake's size looking so coordinated. Saturday afternoon the reunion ended, and we said our teary goodbyes to Sarah.




Yesterday Jake had his 2 month check-up. I can't believe he's already so old! and not only old, but so big! He weighs 12 pounds 4 ounces, putting him in the 69th percentile, and he is 23 inches long! (58th percentile). What a big boy! For those of you who have kids, you know what the real point of these check-ups is: SHOTS. It was Jake's first round of vaccinations. I was a bit nervous, having read about all the possible side effects and reactions. But I decided to go for it. I am pretty sure Jake would have gone the other way, had it been up to him. When the nurse started doing the shots, Jake became very quiet and red. By the 3rd shot, he was completely purple in the face--Then he let out the loudest wail! it was so sad! But we both survived and headed home to face an evening with tender thighs (Jake) and tender hearts (me and Wes). Jake bore it like a champ, and we spoiled him with lots of cuddles and kisses. He even got to do his favorite thing--A half hour bath with mom. We played til the water was tepid and our hands were wrinkly. Wes decided to snap a few pics of the fun. I was skeptical at first, but they turned out so cute! Yay for random photo-ops. The night ended with an episode of Lost (Wes and I have finally started watching). Jake got another small leg rub and thanks to the makers of Infant Tylenol we all got a pretty good nights rest.



5 comments:
Those pictures are adorable!
You look great! And I LOVE the bath pictures! I think I'm going to do the same thing with the next one:)
I think the men enjoy being able to get away with taking pics of us in the bath with the babies! He is way too cute...I am biased though, mixed Asian babies are ALWAYS adorable!
I love the bath pictures. How darling. When Peyton had to get her heel pricked to test for jaundice (3 times), it was the most heart wrenching thing for me. I'm dreading her shots. You're a trooper for taking Jake. I think I'm going to make Jade do it. Also, Jake is huge. I can't believe how big he is. Is that what 12 pounds looks like? I never want P to grow up. Anyway, you look great. We can't wait to see you guys. It's been awhile!
Kristie,
You are such a cute little mommy:) Hard to imagine the little girl I knew, with a babe of her own. You and Wes made a beautiful boy! love you, marianne:)
Post a Comment