Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Jake's Birthday Weekend

We had a lot of fun this year for Jake's birthday.  His week was extra special, because he got to be the star of the week in his class, and each day there was something Jake related happening. AND he got to take home the class stuffed bear too, so he was pretty proud of that! Here is a picture of the poster that we created for his special week.  He was supposed to have photos and drawings and words that represented him, and he got to make a presentation at school.
For his birthday weekend we did his party at Peter Piper Pizza on Friday night. (His birthday was on Saturday.)
Jake LOVES watching Cake Boss, and after Mia's Minnie Mouse birthday cake last December, he was really hoping for an awesome Cake.  We did a Lego theme, and this is what I came up with:
Lego Sugar Cookies:
And the cake was a double layer Chocolate with vanilla buttercream and mini m&m's in the center.
I decorated the cake at my mom's house. I'm so glad that I did, because we were really rushing to get it finished in time! Thanks for your help mom.  We are both learning to work with fondant and it's been an interesting experience so far.
The party was so fantastic. Everything went really smoothly. We had a lot of Jake's best friends and their parents come! (All of us parents have really bonded over the year at all these birthday parties and school activities, so it was also really fun for the adults to get together). I have to say, I was against doing the party at a pizza arcade initially, but Jake (and his dad haha) were so excited for it. And I think I might be converted, because it was the most relaxing birthday party I've ever done.  We had a party hostess who took care of all the set up, clean up, food and drinks, so I could just relax and socialize, and watch the Birthday Boy enjoy his special night :)
Jake was killin it at Guitar Hero
Mia just wanted to play this weird plunger ball game all night. lol
and Caleb was just happy relaxing with Daddy and Uncle Hepper most of the time. 
SIX YEARS OLD!!!
Mia was such a good sport. Her allergies were raging, but she still had fun.
Check out the matching frog faces in this one. hahaa
The next day was Jake's actual birthday and we spent it at Omi's house.
(yes, he's intentionally being creepy in this one)
At the end of the day he was a very happy boy. He got to spend his birthday surrounded by friends and family, he got to eat lots of cake, and he had a new stash of legos to assemble.
What more could a 6 year old want?
Love you cute boy :)

1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

I never even saw this blog until now! Sooo cute!! Love all the beautiful, colorful lego pictures! The cake and cookies turned out awesome!! I'm glad Jake had such a great birthday weekend!