Sometimes I sugarcoat my blog.
Occasionally I use it as an outlet for a little whining/venting--but mostly I try to keep it shiny and wonderful. After all, when I look back on my life, its the wonderful moments that stick out in my mind. So I feel like my blog should mostly be about the shiny moments. That being said, I do admit--I'm often guilty of sugar coating.
This post is not sugarcoated.
I just thought I would put in that little disclaimer--because my Valentine's surprise from my husband was nothing less than Awesome--with a capital A. No sugarcoating needed :)
We decided a long time ago that Valentines Day is the WORST day of the year for going out to dinner. We hate the crowds, flowers double in price--its insane. So we don't make a huge deal out of it usually. On February 14th Wesley and I exchanged Vday cards before he left for work. My card had 2 movie tickets in it, and told me that we would be celebrating on Thursday, that Wes had arranged for a sitter (thanks jess!) and that I needed to dress up for the date.
I looked forward to our date for the next 2 days. We don't go out without the kids very often. On Thursday I got myself all gussied up, and dropped off the kids at my sister's house. I came home just as Wesley got off work. He then told me he had dinner reservations--at a restaurant 40 minutes away. He wouldn't tell me where we were going, and I had a good time guessing and wondering during the long drive. (This by itself was a surprise--we live about a mile from some of the best restaurants in Scottsdale, so I was totally thinking we would be going to one of those). It felt nice to get out of town, and my curiosity mounted as we got off the freeway in Tempe. Wesley parked the car in front of a little place called the House of Tricks. The weather was awesome (thank you Phoenix), so we took a table outside.
The waitress came over to read the specials, and started by saying "Now are two planning on seeing Wicked tonight? Do I need to be sensitive to the time?"
I had thought we were seeing a movie (..there were two movie tickets in my Vday card...) so I was about to say no, when I looked across the table at Wes. He looked surprised for a second, and then said "Actually, that was going to be a surprise for later, but yes, we ARE going to be seeing Wicked tonight."
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Wesley was such a good surpriser!! Apparently he bought the tickets at the beginning of December and kept it quiet for over 2 months. I've wanted to see Wicked for a long time, and now it was actually happening! I just love that darn husband of mine.
We spent the rest of evening in a blissful little love bubble. Dinner was fancy and fabulous, and the theatre was about a mile from the restaurant.
Wesley had one more surprise for me--he got work off on Friday, so we were able to stay out nice and late, knowing he didn't have to get up at 7 for work the next morning!
Wicked was amazing and overwhelming--just what I'd hoped for. Fantastic music, uplifting story, and seeing it all in an enormous packed theater--I was in tears by the end.
Thank You Wes, for one of the best dates I've ever had. I'm so happy I got to experience my first Broadway level show with YOU. I'll never forget that night.
...Maybe Valentine's Day isn't so bad after all ;)




5 comments:
Ahh this warmed my heart :) Way to go Wes!! You deserve it Kristie...I went for my birthday last year it was awesome!
Such a great date! Major props to Wesley. And you guys both looked super hot that night :). I can't wait to see that show sometime!
SO FUN!! Great job, Wes!
We all sugarcoat our blogs- to remind ourselves about the good times on days when you think you're losing your marbles.
How awesome!! What an amazing date :) I love hearing this kind of stuff
You actually had me in tears as well, just reading your blog. I'm so happy you got to see Wicked with Wesley! He is an awesome surpriser!! It's those kind of dates and times in your life that keep your marriage wonderful and every day worth it!!
And you looked super hot too!! :o)
Post a Comment