Friday, February 17, 2012

Catch up, with iphone uploads :)

I feel like I dropped off the grid for the last couple months.  We were on outing/picture overload during the holidays, and then it's like everything slowed way down after the new year started. Well, it was more like I chose to slow things down.  We've had a couple colds we've passed back and forth, Wesley pulled a muscle between his bicep and shoulder, Jake pulled a tendon in his hip, and Mia's eczema has been flaring up a lot again.  Between the little health hiccups, we've still kept pretty busy though--Wes continues to stay busy with work, I've kept up with all my hair clients, and we've had the occasional fun outing.  All in all, I can't complain.  Nothing major has been happening lately, and for that I'm grateful.  I just uploaded a bunch of my iphone pictures and videos today, and thought I should really put some up.  So here is a little hodge podge of photos from the last two months. enjoy :)

I took this picture of Jake the other night when he was sleeping.  He is OBSESSED with sleeping on his toddler air mattress.  I don't know why he even has a real bed.  This is totally what he prefers.
So presh.
Speaking of precious--look at those cheeks. 
 A few weeks ago we had a little problem.  Mia is walking well enough that we really need her to have shoes when we go out--problem is, she takes them all off, and throws them.  and her feet are so small, that our options for walking shoes are kind of limited.  I took her to the outlets, and we tried on shoes at like 5 stores, but every single pair, she would walk 10 feet, sit down, rip them off, and run away.  I finally got lucky at the Stride Rite outlet, where we found a pair of boots (after trying about 10 other pairs) that she will tolerate.  It took her a few days to figure out how to get them off, but she likes them enough that it hasn't been an issue.  Phew!
 Hats on the other hand.. forget about it ;)
I have a self control problem--when it comes to hair accessories for my daughter..I just can't get enough.  Of course, along with shoes and hats, Mia rips out the headbands now too. (such a waste).  Luckily, she can't get her pigtails out, so I do that pretty much every day now to tame that mangy hair of hers.

Had to put up a picture of her post-piggy tail hair.  She looks like a crazy lady at night before her baths :)

Another thing we've been up to the last couple months--touring local preschools.  We didn't end up sending Jake this past year (being so new to the area), but we definitely did our research for next fall.  After much deliberation, we've enrolled him at the Natural Choice Academy.  Its a very unique school--all the food is organic (and lots is grown in the preschool gardens), they have air purifiers in every classroom, and the teacher has a masters in childhood education.  It also happened to be very competitive in price for this area.  We think Jake will learn a lot there next year, and hey, maybe we will all learn a thing or two about an organic lifestyle :)
They let Jake join in for a little science experiment during our tour.

Mia is finally big enough to semi-keep up with Jake, and it's so fun.

A few weeks ago we went out to dinner at Oregano's with my sisters family.  The weather was so nice, the boys stayed entertained on their I-pads, and the babies were so happy in their high chairs.  It was very low stress for a dinner with kids and almost felt like a double date!  Thanks for a fun night guys! :)



This is Mia's "I didn't get my way" face.  She pulls it a lot, especially when we stop her from digging through the trash like a homeless man.
 I don't know when she is going to get more teeth.  My favorite descriptions of her (from friends) were a "saber tooth" and a "can opener".  I mostly think she just looks like a mouse. :)

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to do hair for a clients wedding.  I used to do wedding hair all the time, but the past couple years I've been more focused on cuts and colors.  It was a wonderful experience, and reminded me how much I love hair design.  It was the reason I decided to do beauty school in the first place.  Wish I did it more often!  I'll post up a pic of the bride when I get a decent one.

We also attended her wedding.  Wesley had a few friends that lived down here before we came, and I've slowly gotten to know them all since we moved here.  The bride is in that circle of friends too, and it was fun to hang out with everyone.  The reception was so pretty, the food was yummy--all in all a great night :)




 Wes and his buddies.  They passed Mia around all night, and it made everything super low stress for me--thanks guys!


 Last but not least--Last weekend my sister surprised her husband with a weekend getaway for his 30th birthday.  We watched Sawyer and Violet from Friday around 11 until Saturday evening.  The kids had a fun time together, and I discovered a newfound respect for parents of twins.  We had a good time, but 4 kids under 4 years old=chaos.  Also, I got a lot of weird looks and comments every time I went outside with all 4 of them.  Seriously, do these two look like twins to you? no I didnt think so--  You never know I guess :)
Love these girls!

Stayed tuned.  My next post will be a fun one :)

3 comments:

Ralph (a.k.a., dad) said...

I love this post, Kristie! It was great to hear about your busy, but fun life (despite the sicknesses) again and see all the pictures of your cute kids and family!
And you were a hero for watching Sawyer and Violet together with your own kids!! Go Kristie and Wesley! What a wonderful treasure to keep a blog like that.
I can't wait to see you in a week!

Unknown said...

Love these pictures! The iphone pics are always so great because they are the more spontaneous ones...and I love the picture of Violet and Mia together in the stroller. Thanks again for watching my rugrats for so long!! And you guys all looked so great at that wedding. Glad you had a good time.

Meghan and Tyler said...

Kristie,

What a cute family! I'm sure you were exhausted after your adventure with the Larsons, but how fun for the kids. Your two sets of "twins" are pretty adorable!!