Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week 2 in Utah

After my family reunion, Wesley and I spent a couple short days with his family (more on that in my next post). Then Wes hopped on a plane and flew back to Phoenix. My plan was to stay in Utah and spend some more time with my parents before they drove back to Virginia, and then stay with friends and family for a couple weeks. Basically, I decided that I would drive back to Arizona either when my kids were driving me crazy from being displaced for too long, or when I gained the courage to take on that long road trip alone--whichever came first :)

My parents had some friends who let us use their townhome in Logan Utah for a few days. After saying bye to Wesley at the airport, I drove to Logan and met up with my mom, dad, and David. We had a great time together, relaxing and enjoying the small town. Jake loved the one on one attention--he especially loved the ice cream shop and playing hide and seek with Omi and Opi.
We found a perfect climbing tree on the Logan Temple grounds. When I saw it I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I climbed a tree--so I climbed way way up! Jake was very nervous and concerned that I would fall, but we let him sit on the lower branches after i hopped down. He thought it was pretty awesome :)
Mia's concerned look in this picture cracks me up. She looks so old.

Jake picked out a treat at one of the shops--jellybeans! I wasn't monitoring him very closely, because before I knew it he had eaten a TON of them...
Can you tell he is feeling queasy in this picture? About 10 seconds later he threw up all over the sidewalk. woops! Lesson learned: now when he wants sweets and we tell him he can't have more than a piece he simply says "yeah, thats too much sugar, I'll get a tummy ache"
midweek we headed back to Provo, to spend one night in town together with Syd and Mitch before my parents took off. Before I left, I had a playdate with an old high school friend who happens to live in Logan! She has 1 year old, and it was fun to reconnect and spend a little time!
I had lunch at the deli in Thanksgiving Point with my parents (LOVE that place so much) on our way back to Provo. Jake totally fell asleep on my lap during lunch. For Jake, this was a very big deal. He never falls asleep like that. I had to take a picture as proof. :)


After a tear filled goodbye, my parents and David got back on the road, and I headed over to my good friend Cheronne's house for a long weekend. Her husband was out of town, so it was perfect timing for an extended play date! Jake was so excited to be reunited with his best friend Brayden! and I was even more excited to be reunited with Cheronne!
the kids had the time of their lives together.
Cheronne set up a slip n slide for the kids one day.
up side down goggles. haa.
I totally suck and never took a picture of Cheronne and I together! We were too busy snapping pics of our cute boys. :)
Another fun filled week came to an end. Next post: Week 3 with Wesley's parents!

1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

Nice memories of our time together. Just realized that I have a few more pictures from our stay there, even one of you in the tree! We have to exchange pictures!
I'm so glad you got to stay longer and spend time with your best friends!! Great pictures!!