Friday, January 21, 2011

mini update with pics


I'm hoping that at some point in the next week I will get all caught up on my blog. I have lots to write about, what with my parents coming to visit, Emilia's blessing day, and all the fun details and photos from the past 5 weeks. But for now I just want to write a little update, and post up some of the nice pictures that Sydney and I (collectively) have taken of my sweet baby girl.

Things are going really well! It's been a big adjustment going from one kid to two, but Mia has made the transition as easy as she could. She doesn't really cry that much (especially compared to the colic we experienced on round one with jake), and she's a great little sleeper at night. I'm feeling hopeful that she will sleep through the night sometime in the next few weeks. My recovery was quick, and other than the awesome post-pregnancy hormones (gotta love those), I'm feeling back to normal.

With Mia being such a good baby, and me having already done the newborn thing once, I wasn't too overwhelmed in those first couple weeks. Now that Mia is awake more often, my daily workload has definitely increased (possibly doubled?) since it was just Jake and I, but I've mostly been able to keep up my positive energy, and am just feeling so grateful each and every day for my two cute and healthy kids. Jake is so smart, and is such a sweet brother. He really seems to love Mia, and although he's become more clingy to his momma, I really feel that he's handling the changes around here like a champ! Wesley has definitely stepped up to the plate, and has been getting up in the morning with Jake every day, so that I can catch an extra 45 minutes of sleep before he leaves for work. So really, I couldn't ask for more than I have, and why would I? My house is more messy than I like these days, and I haven't cooked a square meal in weeks (sorry Wes), but we are doing well, and just taking things one day at a time.

I made a goal to get caught up on my blog this weekend, so hopefully things are quiet enough around here for me to take the time to do that. I hope everyone is having a great new year, and is keeping up with their resolutions! My resolutions--to keep my blog going, to lose 5 pounds, and to spend as much time hanging out with my hot husband, playing cars and trains with my little boy, and snuggling up with my sweet baby girl as possible. Cheers!

The first 3 were taken when she was about 2 weeks old



In the rest of these she was between 3 and 4 weeks old










Jake loves cuddling up with Mia on the couch--here he wanted her to "watch" Toy Story 3 with him. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
what a couple of beautiful children you have! Lot's to be thankful for! love you, m:)

Jerai Moulton said...

Yay! I'm so excited that you are blogging! I feel like I've been deprived of your family lately!! So thanks for the new post and I look forward to others this weekend!! I love the pictures and your positive attitude! It seems like you are handling being a momma of two with ease!! (Not that it's easy, but just really well I guess). Way to go! Mia is such a sweet little baby! I love the pictures of her in the pink boa--so precious and girlie! Hopefully we'll be able to make it down to Utah some time in the next couple of months and come see you!!

lizard said...

Oh my gosh, what a cute big brother!! I love how he's sitting with her on the couch. I'm so happy for you, girl!! Your whole family is gorgeous!

Sabine Schindler said...

Great job on blogging and keeping up with blogging. Just that is an amazing task to me!! You are such a good Mommy and I love your positive attitude.
Keep it up and always play with your kids. That's what they remember the most. Everything else can wait.
I'm so glad I got to be with you guys for 2 weeks and mostly just play... A nice change from my every day life!
Love all 4 of you!!