We blessed Mia on January 2nd--She was about 2 1/2 weeks old. My mom came to stay when Mia was 10 days old, and my dad joined us a few days later. (more about that on my next post.) I was so happy that both my parents and Wesley's parents were able to participate in Mia's special day! And then the day before the blessing, my sister Jessica showed up with Sawyer as a fun surpise! It was so nice to have so much family all in one place. Since Mia was still itty bitty we decided to hold the blessing at home instead of at church. We kept the group pretty small, just family and a couple close friends that live in the area.


Thanks mom for preparing all the yummy refreshments!!!







Post Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention that we blessed Mia in the same dress that I wore on my own blessing day! I'm so happy that my mom saved it all these years :)



It felt so wonderful to see my husband put his hands on Mia's head and give her a blessing from our Heavenly Father. I'm so grateful that Mia came to our family safely, and that Wesley was worthy to give her that special blessing. Thanks to those who were there to share in our joy on that day :)
1 comment:
That really was a special day!
Great to have Wesley and so many priesthood holders in the family bless this special new little spirit.
And I'm so happy Mia could wear the same dress her Mom was blessed in 24 1/2 year ago! She looked just beautiful!!
Post a Comment