(if you squint you can see his two new teeth on the bottom)
In other news, the last two weekends were such good ones. I mean first, conference weekend, which is such a great spiritual high. I love love love conference, so that was great. Also, my aunt and uncle came down from oregon to visit Jerai, and they invited us over for breakfast. Not just any breakfast either--my uncle Dennis cooked, meaning..swedish pancakes...and they might as well be manna from heaven because holy moly were they good! I love family reunions, even the 2 hour kind.
And then, of course the next weekend was Easter. Syd and her roommate Rachel came to stay for the weekend, and it was so nice to have a full house for the holiday! We had a yummy german breakfast and a roast for dinner! family + good food + good weather=my kind of easter. we even dyed eggs! yay to us for being go-getters.

I think Jake had a good time too--my mom sent him an easter package and we let him eat a big chocolate bunny after breakfast. He started looking pretty stoned toward the end and about 10 minutes later he had a killer sugar rush and then passed out for 2.5 hours. it was awesome.
All in all we have been having a lot of fun. As Jake gets older, he is becoming more excited about toys, which makes it hard to resist spoiling him rotten. Because if i'm honest with myself, he isn't the only one being spoiled--I have about as much fun watching Jake flip out about new toys, as he has playing with them. There is this giant stuffed dog at the toy store, and every time we go, Jake tries to grab him--I know one day he will probably want EVERYTHING at the toy store, but at this point in his life--Sammie the Dog is the number one priority. But I'm a mean mommy and couldn't wrap my head around buying such a huge stuffed animal..I mean where do you keep that sort of thing? A few days before Easter I was picking up something at the store, and Jake had a rather tearful goodbye after his little visit with Sammie. I told Wes about it, and sucker that he is--he caved. So Jake got his very own giant Sammie dog for Easter! And no, he didn't get tired of it after ten minutes--He has spent most of his time with him for the last 3 days. (Also, I blew up Jake's kiddie pool and put it in the living room for the weekend. He is having so much fun in there, I don't think I have the heart to deflate it.. my house looks like a 3 ring circus.)
The day after Easter Wesley's sister Melanie brought Jake's cousin Scott over to play, and the fun continued. We were trying to get a nice picture of the boys to send to their grandma, but Scott was only interested in running around, and Jake does everything scott does. It was pretty funny. But we did get a few shots of them playing with sidewalk chalk for the first time :)
Ok, so I'm sorry that I bombard the blog world with so many pictures every post, but lets face it--All I do is play with jake, and I just think he is hilarious and so cute, so I take millions of pictures. it would be a crime not to share at least SOME of them with you right? Ok, so just a few more before I close this post--These are from the park last week.
He was chasing the ducks..
I've always been an avid duck chaser, so we know where he gets that from..)


He really likes pushing his stroller lately.. actually pushing anything--Highchairs, toys, playpens.. you name it.
Ok, so thats all folks! Unless I am super ambitious, Jake will be ONE YEAR OLD, by my next post!!!
8 comments:
Oh my goodness your little boy is such a stud. I can't even believe he's almost a year old. That breaks my heart because I know after he turns 1, Peyton goes just 2 months later. I remember this time last year... I was so jealous you were about to have Jake and I still had 2 months left. What I wouldn't give to go back there and do it all again. It's gone by WAY too fast. Anyway, I loved this post. Way to be ambitious with Easter dinner. If I had to cook Easter dinner, it would probably end up being spaghetti or something of the sort. It's so cute that he loved that dog, and even cuter that Wes went and bought it for him. What a softy! We miss you guys, and we can't wait to see you again. Happy almost birthday Jake!!
YAY I love this post. it makes me happy. I'm so glad that wes caved in for Sammie the Dog, because after seeing those tears I was about to buy him myself! I'm never going to toys r us with jake again...it's too painful. I didn't see those pictures of Scott and Jake playing with chalk! that's so cool! when did that happen?? Thank you so much for having us over this weekend, it was so much fun, esp. catch phrase!!! hahah we should've started that earlier during the weekend so much fun. I can't wait to see you again! I love you!
I love all of these pictures! He's such a big boy! And that sidewalk chalk looks pretty rad. Nice job on the Easter breakfast table...mom would be proud. :) I'm glad you've had such a wonderful year with your little maennel-kind. I can't wait to join in on the baby fun. And I'm glad he got his dog. Too cute. Ashton's right...Jake's a little stud. You're lookin pretty good yourself Kristie! Love ya!
DARLING! and adorable new heading too! I love your cute little fam!!! Thanks for having us over for easter, it was amazing. So great to have a fam away from home :)
Very cute post, Kristie!! I loved looking at all the pictures and reading about how grateful and happy you are with your life!
It fills my heart with joy to see you as a Mom, being so happy with your Wesley and your cute little Jake.
There really is nothing better than having a family.
And I AM very proud of your German breakfast table. Way to continue the tradition!!
We loved having you guys over for swedish pancakes! It was the best breakfast I had in quite a while! Also, thanks for coming over and visiting us the other SNOWY day! We love it when you come to town and pop in! So you weren't kidding about the dog, it's HUGE! I also watched the video on your facebook of him playing with it and I love his little kicking legs! That was adorable!
I LOVE the new pictures! Yay for them and for Syd for being so talented! I seem to remember you chasing ducks on BYU campus, too cute that Jake does too. I can't wait to see you on Sunday!
ok Jake is totally a asian version of you. what a cutie! glad you dyed easter eggs too. we are never too old to dye eggs. oh and good job on keeping Jake alive for a whole year. i am still baffled that i have kept one of mine alive for 8 years!
Post a Comment