Just so you know... this is kind of a wordy little post, but if you read the whole thing, there is an exciting little tidbit at the bottom. And NO, it's not that I am pregnant, and no, it won't be that for a long time thank you very much. But I hope you like it anyways!
So anyway! We drove down on a Friday afternoon, and after a 10 hour drive, got there around midnight--Jake did fantastic in the car, we couldn't have been happier. The trip was wonderful up until the day before we left when Jake caught a terrible cold, and we were up all night with our poor jakey and a 102 temperature. We felt so bad for the little guy, but he was such a trooper! Those couple of days really showed us what we were made of because we naturally got sick too, and then had to do the long drive home with our miserable baby, and our even more miserable selves. We had booked a room in Vegas to cut the trip home into two days. We were glad to stop and rest, but I wouldn't say that walking around the hotel in our jammies with a crying baby until 2 a.m. is my idea of a vacation. BUT! we survived and are now home and recuperating. So, that was our trip to Arizona. We didn't take very many pictures, sorry! but here are a couple.


Jake was so excited to see his Aunt and Uncle! Pretty soon he'll have a little cousin to play with when we get together!!!
My favorite thing about Glendale? In-N-Out!!!!
(we went twice...totally worth it.)
Two more random things:
We went to ToysRus on Valentines Day to pick out a present for Jake. (Since we were all sick peas in a pod, we told Jake he could be our valentine too.) We ended up picking out the most random thing, which Jake actually loves! We turned his playpen into a ballpit. So really it was a present for me because anything that keeps Jake entertained in his playpen is a winner in my opinion!
And the Grand Finale announcement.....drumroll please...
Yesterday, February 16th, Jake officially took his first steps!!!!!!!!!! Wes and I were mostly ignoring him and watching Jack Bauer kicking butt on 24, and Jake was walking along the edge of the couch, around our legs. As if he did it all the time, Jake nonchalantly took two steps all on his own! He did it again a few minutes later. He has yet to walk when I call him (he gets too excited and crawling is faster!) I will keep you posted on his progress. Speaking of progress, Jake is still sleeping through the night-- 8+ hours all by himself! hooray! I can't believe my little baby is already learning to walk! Time flies huh?
10 comments:
woo-hoo! good job, jake! and good luck, you two!
Great Post....congrats on a walking child, life will never be the same:) Jake sure is a cutie, and how nice to go and visit your sis:)
Oh my goodness!!! Way to go JAKE!!! So cute! Babies walking is the cutest thing ever! I can't believe how big he is getting!!! I'm so proud of him for sleeping so long now!! How did the job fair go? I love you!!! Miss you!!!
Go Jake!!! That is exciting and scary at the same time! And no fair, Arizona in the winter is fun, not to mention you got to see Nate and Jess..Jess is looking so cute! We'll have to get together sometime. I still have the maternity clothes I borrowed, and it is pretty sad when I still open my closet and briefly think that those are the only clothes that fit. Maybe if I return them to you I will no longer have the subconscious battle in the morning :). We love you guys, and maybe if we're lucky I'll run into you at Cosco.
Hooray for first steps! That las photo of him is darling!
So exciting! I can't wait for him to get better at the whole walking thing. Maybe when I come next weekend he'll be marching all over the place! Also...my belly looks huge in that picture. I guess that's a good angle if I want to emphasize 'largeness'. (The dress probably helps too). Now you need to post a video of Jake throwing those balls out of his playpen one by one. Haha. I'm so glad you guys came down to visit! It was so fun! You should move here for sure!
oh yay!! Congrats on the walk! And I read the whole post, I liked the summary of the weekend. I'm glad ya'll are feelin better! And it's so exciting that Jess is havin her baby in a couple months!
That is so awesome that he is walking! Sounds like you had a fun trip, I wish I could have gone with you to get away from all this snow...Logan was dumped on once again and I'm hatin' life. Haha. I'm excited for Jess's baby shower! I'm for sure going to be there! Did you invite my Mom? I know she would love to come too.
1) I'm taking your idea of the ball pit/play pen. You are a genius.
2) Jessica's little belly is to die for.
3) I'm so glad Jake was good in the car! I'm sorry he got sick, then made everyone else sick and put a damper on the trip. Isn't it sad how that ALWAYS happens?
4) Hooray for Jacob sleeping 8+ hours at night. I'm so proud of him. I know that is a hard habit to start.
5) I can't believe he walked! It really seems like it was only a few weeks ago when we blessed him. Well WE didn't bless him. When Wes blessed him! Time really flies!!
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE. i always forget what i want to write after i see pictures of jake because he dazzles me so. what a smeeky baby! I'm comin over this afternoon i'm excited to see jake take some more steps (hopefully!) yayayayayaya!! love you sistaaaa.
Post a Comment