
It's been 3 weeks already since my last post! it's crazy how fast the time goes, and it amazes me how much Jake changes every single day. I'm starting to forget what he was like as a tiny newborn. At this point he is already over 7 weeks old. He spends all of his waking hours diligently working on his neck muscles, trying to hold his head up. Jake is sort of a strange duck. He won't allow anyone to hold him in the "baby" position - you know, cradled in your arm. he has to either be standing on your lap, trying to hike up your chest, or be thrown over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes. We aren't quite sure what this alludes to about his future personality, but its pretty funny. Also, when laying on his back, he always turns his head to the right. He's actually starting to get a lopsided head, so we are constantly turning his head to look left. The pediatrician doesn't seem concerned, but i'm still trying to correct it. I was collecting a bunch of pictures for Jake's album, and realized he is looking to the right in every single one. He definitely has a mind of his own. I've got to say, I feel very lucky these days. Being a mom is hard work for sure, but it's so rewarding! Jake is just getting cuter every day, smiling at me like crazy, and developing his little personality. even the crying isn't so bad, because he looks so funny when he is doing it. Poor kid is crying and i just end up laughing at him. The other day, he was screaming for food while we were driving home. When we finally got there, and got him some milk, he expressed instant relief, and sucked like crazy for about 10 seconds. Then, he paused, looking up at me. All of a sudden he cracks this huge smile, letting milk pour out of his mouth all over the place. It was a huge mess, but so worth it. Already, Jake is learning to express gratitude.
A couple of his firsts - First nap in his crib, and first haircut. I know it seems a bit early, but what can I say? I'm a hairdresser and he was growing a small rattail. It had to go.
7 comments:
I love that blanket Jessica made. It's adorable. That's a really cute story about gratitude!
Yay for blogging..even though we live 20 minutes away it's still fun to read eachother's stories. Plus I haven't seen Jake in like a week and I was having withdrawals so the new pictures did me good. I LOVE that second picture where he's looking up at you kind of like, "What, mom?"...Hilarious. Also I love his crib...and his new haircut. Our little Jakey is just growing up so fast. :) Can't wait to come see you guys tonight!
Also...mom's blanket that she knitted looks good next to mine. Good job mom!
Hey Kristie, congrats on Jake, he is cute!! You have to check out our blog sometime when you get a chance. crazybiehns.blogspot.com ttyl
Jake is sooo cute! I know I say that every time, but I seriously can't get enough of him (can you tell I'm getting baby hungry?). I too love the quilt- especially the colors. It's funny how similar Jake is to Max- Max wouldn't be held in the baby position ether, and one side of his head is flatter than the other 'cause he would always look one way. And I remember the days of Max opening his mouth while nursing- I had many a soaked shirt after feeding time. Anyway, I love reading about you guys!!
Kristie, it was so fun to see you guys yesterday! Thanks again for cutting Phil's hair, he really needed it! Hopefully we can get together again soon!! Love ya!
I'm so excited you have a blog! I had no idea, until I saw a comment you posted on Jerai's blog. So now I can see how the other new mom is handling a newborn. He's darling. I feel like he changes every time I see him! I can't believe how old he looks. And I think he looks like Wes. What a doll!
Post a Comment