Monday, May 26, 2008

A true guy


Its been 4 weeks since his birth, and each new day, I feel like I discover a new side to Jacob. I'm finding out that I have a very sensitive kid. He smiles at us now, which is very cool (and not just when he is passing gas). The funny thing is, about 5 seconds after he cracks a big grin, Jake will usually burst into tears. We don't know what to make of it, but its pretty funny. The other day, My sister Jess, me, and Jake were out shopping. Now, Jake is usually pretty good about going on outings, but this trip was different. We started at Costco, on the Saturday before Memorial Day (arguably one of the craziest days in Costco's calendar year). As soon as we got there, Jake decided that he wasn't really up for shopping, and began crying in protest. So, as Jessica shopped, i walked around Costco with Jake on my arm and a bottle in hand. This seemed to settle him down, so we decided to head to our next stop - Forever 21. As it always seems to go in that store, we got sucked in and before we new it Jake was up from his nap. Just as we got in line for the dressing room with piles of clothes in hand, he began to cry. We grabbed a handicapped room, stroller in tow, and i began to try on clothes. Jess got out a bottle to feed him, and to our dismay we realized that the cap had come unscrewed, and its contents had poured onto Jakes clothes. I grabbed the sticky screaming baby and breastfed him while Jessica hurried to try things on. Then we switched back and she changed his messy diaper while i finished with my clothes. I can only imagine what we sounded like from the outside of that dressing room. My life is definitely a lot more exciting with little Jacob around. Really, we shouldve known better--Jake is a true guy, and what guy would want to be stuck in Forever 21 for 2 hours?

6 comments:

jax from the harmon squad said...

Last time I went to Forever 21 Max pitched a fit too! Along with every other "girly" store I've gone to. And isn't it wonderful to have a sister around? Paige and Laura are wonderful to have around, especially when I'm shopping.

Unknown said...

I love you and I love Jake! Yay for shopping trips with a screaming baby! Thank goodness for big dressing rooms! hahaha

JOCELYN AND JEREMY said...

Congrats Kristie and Wes!!! Jake is very cute and we are very happy for you. Keep posting and check out us too

Molly said...

Congrats, Kristie! He is such a beautiful baby!

Coburn Ohana said...

Mixed Asian babies are the CUTEST! (I am a little biased!) They are such a blessing. And YAY! for breastfeeding. Just know that when you are done, you will have a bond with him that is so special, so unexplainable...makes you melt!

Jess Litster said...

Kristie! I didnt even know you had a blog! I have one too...check it out! :) litster.blogspot.com

Jake is sooo cute and I can't wait to meet him in real life and I can't wait for him and Lilee to meet! Okay I love you and I will talk to you soon!