The weeks leading up to Christmas were a little more low key this year. I found out that we were expecting our 3rd at the beginning of December, and within about a week the morning sickness set in. So we did a little more hibernating than usual for that exciting time of year. Still, I tried to do what I could do make the season memorable for my kiddos.
One night that was definitely memorable was Jake's preschool Christmas program. We got a sitter for Mia so that the night would just be all about Jake. He was so excited to go to his school at nighttime, and to wear a tie!
After all the parents were seated, Jake's class came walking up the isle with little jingle bells tied around their shins, complete with antlers and red rudolph noses :) It was so fun watching them come through one by one, not knowing when our little cutie would come around that corner :)
first school Christmas concert!
Another special night: The ward Christmas party. Jake was so ready to meet Santa this year, and to tell him what he wanted for Christmas. (A customizable Lightning Mcqueen car.. and yes, he said the word "customizable" every single time. !!!!!!)
Mia on the other hand, wasn't so sure about the big guy.
She was not happy.
Struggling to get a decent shot before she ran away :/
Jake proudly participated in singing with the Primary after the ward dinner.
The next photo was emailed to me from Jake's teacher, with a friend on the playground. I thought he looked so darn cute :)
Obviously we also had lots of downtime with me feeling sick, so the kids definitely enjoyed a little more TV than was healthy for them.
TV.. and iPad of course ;)
All winter long I've been so grateful that our apartment has an oversized deck. I felt less guilty about keeping the kids cooped up when I wasn't up to leaving the house. I'm also just glad that they have each other to play with. Siblings are so wonderful--built in playmates.
I know McDonalds isn't exactly the healthiest place to go, but it's about a block from my house--so we definitely take the occasional field trip to get an ice cream cone.. or if the kids are really good, a Happy Meal :) this picture cracks me up. She wore that thing as a hat for like 30 minutes haha.
Getting a little fresh air.
We go to Costco for a little family date probably once a week--I think we may be addicted. Jake got a little bored this particular time.
One Saturday in December, we had a really warm day. We decided to take the kids over to Cracker Jax to introduce them to mini-golf!
Diva.
It was insanely crowded, but we did make it to the train park this year to see the holiday lights. We didn't do it last year, and I know from now on it'll be a family tradition. The train goes around it's usual track, but they had tons and tons of lights and displays set up through the whole ride. It was magical!
ooo oo while I'm on this next picture, look at my stroller! It was my Christmas present to myself.. from Wes. I've wanted one of these babies ever since we borrowed one for our trip to Disney last year. So far, it's been worth every penny! Thanks Wes!!
getting ready to leave on the train!
Merry Christmas!
Next post: Christmas Eve and Day!!!










1 comment:
I'm happy you took the time to do so many fun things with your kids during the Christmas Season, despite your pregnancy sickness!! Jake is so darling and excited about his school and primary concerts! Can't wait to be there in person to watch! Yay!!
It is fun when your kids start playing with each other. Nothing better than built in playmates!!
Post a Comment