Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mia's 3rd month

I'm struggling with even writing up this post because last week we went on an AWESOME family vacation, and thats what I would really like to blog about. But, the journal keeper in me knows I need to play a little catch up first. After all the cold and flu craziness, we pretty much took it easy for a few weeks. We spent lots of time just hanging out at home, and we found some fun ways to stay entertained! So, in my eagerness to get caught up, I'm just going to settle for a quick picture post :)

Syd the super-aunt!!!! We had a ton of snowfall one night, followed by a sunny 40 degree day--Sydney came over and spent a couple hours playing with Jake. They built a snowman and an igloo, and made snow angels! It was so nice of her to do that with him, since I can't really take Mia out into the freezing for too long!

I took these pictures of Mia when she turned 8 weeks old. I just can't get enough of her fat little cheeks!




My kids sure know how to say cheese!!!!




2 things I've always looked forward to about having a daughter--painted toenails and pigtails. We don't have enough hair for pigtails yet, but the toes I just couldn't wait any longer to do. Glitter toes? Check!

This wrap is seriously my number one piece of baby gear with Mia--I can't say enough good things about it! Pretty much any time we leave the house, she sits in there, happy as a clam. I can even discreetly nurse her in it! LOVE LOVE LOVE this wrap.
Did I mention that I love this thing?
As a mini update on the kiddos- things are going really well! Other than the occasional sleep deprivation, I can't really complain. Mia is still a pretty happy baby, and Jake is, well, Jake. Still the semi-adventurous, soft hearted teddy bear. I'm slowly learning how to be a mommy-of-two more efficiently, and I'm just happy and ever-grateful for my adorable duo.

6 comments:

Jer, Cheronne, Brayden, Abbey, Lincoln & Beckham said...

AHHH! I miss you guys! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. Mia is growing up so fast, and is sooooo beautiful! Love her. And I can't believe how much older Jake looks lately! Love him. I can't wait for the Disneyland post!

Meghan and Tyler said...

I can't get enough of her cheeks either. She is just so adorable! Jake is pretty stinkin cute too!! Your baby wrap looks incredible. I tried one with Kait, and she hated it, but yours looks really comfortable!! I love that you painted Mia's toes. Kait was about the same age when I started painting her nails, and we would get comments at the grocery store all the time. She still loves painting nails, in fact she asked me to paint them again this morning. I'm definitely not complaining!!

We do need to get together. We are pretty open. I'll have to call you!

Tracy and Odie said...

gosh you are so cute and your family is just darling. we wish you lived closer too!!!

Rachel said...

Cute! I loved the pictures! I'm glad things are going better back at your house!

Unknown said...

Love the pics, love the igloo, love the glitter toes! Lots of good stuff. And it gives me hope that you love that wrap so much...maybe this next baby will like it more too. I can't wait to see all the Disneyland pictures!

The Thelins said...

I laughed so hard when I read your last comment on my blog, something about Peyton being adorable in her tutu and you can't wait for Mia to do ballet- you posted it from Wes' account, then quickly left a second comment saying it was you, not Wes. I had a feeling Wes didn't have an opinion on tutus and ballet- just a hunch :) I love her toe-nails. I'm sure boys are great, but girls are SO fun to doll up. Jake looks older to me now that he's a big brother. It's cute seeing him hold her and cuddle her. I'm totally sold on your Moby wrap just from reading all your praise about it. I will definitely be getting one whenever baby #2 decides to come along.