Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family Time

After this post I will finally be done writing about those first few weeks, and sharing all of our fun photos! When Mia turned 2 weeks old, my dad came out from Virginia to meet his first granddaughter, and then a few days later (New Years Day!) we got a surprise visit from my sister Jessica and her little boy Sawyer. They stayed over at Sydney's house (our family is getting too big to sleep under one small roof!), and it was so fun and unexpected to see them!

Dad holding his granddaughter for the first time

Nothing is greater than just hanging out at home with people you love :)



The trip wouldn't have been complete if Jake didn't get to visit the Kangaroo Zoo with Sawyer!






Jake has been on a poptart kick for about 6 weeks. He loved having a friend to share his special treats with!

While my parents were here, they helped us get a toy organization system for Jake from Ikea, and then my mom took all Jake's toys from the living room, and moved them to his bedroom. I was worried that he wouldn't take naps in his bed if all those toys were in there, but he has done really well! He has always been very good at taking care of his toys, and has such a big imagination when he is playing with them. It was fun rewarding him with such a cool room :)

My mom turned 50 on her last day in Utah..a couple nights before that we had a little surprise party for her.

Once Jessica has her sweet baby girl this April, Grandma and Grandpa are going to run out of arms for holding all their grandkids! the family sure is growing!

If only David and Nathan could have been here!
Thanks to my family for putting effort and money into visiting us during that special time. I wish we all lived closer, but I'm grateful for the closeness I always feel towards you guys, no matter where we are.

3 comments:

Sabine Schindler said...

What a fun two weeks it was!! To be with the kids in person and not just talking to them through I-chat.
The first day Jakey kept saying: Omi's in the house!?! Over and over, like he couldn't believe that I was actually there in person. He's so cute AND imaginative. It was a ton of fun playing with him.
And then watching him and Sawyer play together was priceless!! I just love you guys!

Unknown said...

Thanks for letting us crash the party :)!!! We had a great time...it's always fun to get our boys together...so glad they are good friends. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

How did I miss this post? I love looking at all the pictures, because they are of the people I love the most too! so glad it all worked out that you could be together!