I just thought I would post up some photos of the last few weeks. Even though we are getting extremely close to baby time, I've been trying to take full advantage of the season. Also--I have an official "induction" date and I will tell you what it is at the end of this post!
We have had the ground "dusted" with snow a fair few times since October, but never enough for Jake to go out and play in it. He would get so excited every time it started to snow, and then was totally let down when he wasn't able to do anything fun with it! So when we finally got a few inches, I sent the boys out. (I would've gone too, but I don't exactly fit into my snow clothes right now ;) ). I just sat on our deck and watched them play.
This is Jake's "I'm being put on the spot" face. He does it all the time...when strangers talk to him, when I ask him to smile for the camera..etc. so funny.
Jake admiring his "Charlie Brown" tree.

Sugar Cookies--Yummm.. I should probably be baking something more useful (like making/freezing casseroles for the weeks ahead)..but it's Christmas, and I'm keeping my traditions alive! In the past two weeks I've baked several "Stollen" (a german christmas bread), chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, and tonight I'm doing "Lebkuchen" (another german one). I love that my mom had so many wonderful Christmas traditions and recipes that I can continue with my own family now! and besides--who doesn't love a little extra sugar this time of year? (And no, I don't feel bad at all--I've been working out everyday to burn off all the yummy goodness)

Quick story: Jake is a little bit of a neat freak, and panics when he spills or breaks anything. I've been trying to help him relax a bit, and will always say "It's ok Jakey, it happens." Well, while we were cutting out cookies, Wesley came over to join in, and broke the cookie he had just cut while transferring it to the pan. Jake looked up at him and said "It's ok Daddy, it happens." What a sweetheart!!!!!

This year we finally purchased an artificial tree of our very own! When we first got married, I told Wesley I would always want a real tree each year--I love the smell and the fun of going out to pick one. The last couple years we went to VA for Christmas, so we didn't end up even doing a tree. And this year, with a baby coming, I decided that I didn't want to deal with vacuuming up pine needles, and worrying about remembering to water it..so we decided to finally go artificial, and I LOVE my new tree!

Jake loves it too! he will turn off all the lights about 6 times a day, just so he can go "OOOOOOOO!!! Christmas tree!!!!!!"
Another quick story--Jake loves to go see the Christmas tree display at Costco, and has been watching a lot of Christmas cartoons lately. During Thanksgiving week, I put up the first of my decorations (a garland on my deck rail, and my little forest of fake mini trees) during Jake's nap. When he woke up, I carried him outside so he could see the new decor. He stared in wonder for a few seconds, and then said in this little voice, "Wow, my own Christmas tree in my own home!" I love watching Jake discover all the magic of the holidays!

Since half the ornaments on our tree are fragile and off-limits, we thought it would be nice for Jake to decorate his own little tree. We let him do it exactly how he wanted, and he has been rearranging his ornaments every single day. :)

I just loved Jake's outfit last Sunday--He picked out his own "christmas tie" at the store a few weeks ago, and actually kept his hat on too!

Thanks for reading, and if you got this far on the post, you get to hear my baby updates! I went to the doc for my second to last appointment on Monday, and he decided that baby girl is pretty much ready to roll. So we are forgoing the last checkup, and just scheduling my induction for next week instead! Unless I go into labor on my own in the next few days, we will be welcoming baby girl hurst on wednesday December 15th! I'm feeling so anxious/excited/relieved/nervous/all around emotional--but I think mostly I feel ready :) Stay tuned for more updates!
7 comments:
I didn't hear about the "Christmas tree in my own home" story! I love it! so so cute! Jakey is such a big boy these days. I love how much he is talking. So many fun pictures pooh, and I totally want to squeeze jakey like crazy in his sunday outfit.
How cute is Jake! "It's okay daddy" What a little love. I can't believe you're getting induced on the 15th. Congratulations! Keep us posted on all the baby news. We'll be thinking about you guys. Love you. Oh and ADORABLE church outfit, too.
Happy pushing little niece! Dec 14th is Justin's birthday, so just missed by a day! We'll be excited to hear the news! Your Jake is so cute, can't wait to see pictures of little girl Hurst!
I was going to call you today to see when your induction date was...I thought it was the 18th. I am so glad that it is earlier (I leave on the 17th...you probably don't want me to bombard you and come and see you on the 16th, but at least I'll still be in the same state.) I love Jake. He is too cute! I can't wait to see this little girl, because if Jake can be dressed as cute as he is, I don't even want to think about your little girl. We need Kait and Jake to play again. Kaitlin had so much fun. When we look at pictures on your blog she says "Jakey."
Oh, by the way, you might have to send me your recipe for Lebkuchen. I found one last year that I really like, but it is super time consuming...and a little pricy (who knew Hazelnuts were so expensive?) Anyway, you'll have to send me your recipe, unless it is a family secret.
Love you,
What a great post! I love all the Jakey stories!! They so remind me of you as a kid. I can just imagine the sweet and tender little voice with it. Can't wait to see you all at Christmas, including little Baby Girl Hurst!!! Yeah!!
Wish I could be there with you right from the start!!!!
Love you So much!!
Jake is so adorable! And I love your tree and decorations. I can't wait to see pictures of your new little girl! It seems like your pregnancy flew by, but that's probably because it wasn't my pregnancy :)
I love all the cute little Jake stories! He's so funny. I can't decide if I like the sugar cookie quote or the christmas tree quote better...they are both awesome! And I'm glad you are enjoying your Christmas goodies! You deserve it! You have done so well with this pregnancy and I'm so proud of you. I can't wait for her to get here on Wednesday! Wish I could be there like I was for Jake! :( But Orem will take good care of you. Love you guys!
Post a Comment