I've decided that the holidays are a lot more fun when you have kiddos to celebrate with! Halloween was no exception. Jake LOVED carving his first pumpkin (with dad's help) and was super pumped to dress up in his monster costume! I just have a few quick pictures to show--I hope everyone had a fun halloween season!
We went to Macey's so Jake could pick out his pumpkin. Not as cool as a pumpkin patch, but Jake didn't seem to mind :) I LOVE his cute little smile!

Jake absolutely refused to touch the pumpkin goo, but was all for helping dad carve out the face.
We named his pumpkin "Jack" (I know, so creative) and Jake was very excited that Jack had a "happy smile". Over the next few days, he constantly brought his crayons and sketch pad to me, requesting pictures of pumpkins with all sorts of facial expressions. In the following photo, Jake is trying to mimic Jack's smile--seriously. He did this constantly for about a week, pointing out his amazing impression of a "Jack Smile".
We used one of those battery tea-lights for the pumpkin so that Jake could put it inside all by himself. I think he was super impressed that the faced glowed.
In Utah, if Halloween falls on a Sunday, it's basically understood that everyone just celebrates on the Saturday night before. It was actually a small miracle that we got to go trick-or-treating at all. On "Halloween Eve" we drove down to Salem, to spend the holiday with Wesley's family. It started thunder-storming like crazy around 5 PM, and we thought that going out with the kids would be a big FAIL. I felt so bad that Jake wouldn't get to put on his costume and walk around the neighborhood. But right around 6:15 the clouds parted! We were so happy, and hurried to dress the kids and get our there before the weather decided to change again.
Wesley with Jake and his two cousins, Mark and Scott.

1 comment:
I just love all the Fall pictures and that you had so much fun with Jake carving his first pumpkin, going trick or treat etc. I'm glad you're taking pictures of everything.
Such fun memories! Wish I could have been there!! :o)
Post a Comment