Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jake's First Birthday

I just wanted to finally post up a few fun pictures from Jake's birthday party. Thank you so much to all of you who were able to make it out for the big event.  We had so much fun, and Jake loved having all his little buddies over!! 
I think that all in all, the party was a success. I mean, I didn't burn the food, my mom was there, and Jake was a well-behaved, classy little birthday boy.  (seriously, he behaved so well it was shocking!)  We did a "Cars" theme, which is fairly obvious from the following pictures.  I love my little guy, and my Wesley, for being such a trooper with the whole themed party thing.  A lot of people don't think it makes much sense throwing a big party for a one year old, because they won't even remember it 2 days later.  But you know what I say? The party is more for the parents anyway at that point, so why not use the excuse?  And Jake DID have fun, and so did we!! here are a few pictures :)

Pre-party pictures of the food.  Thankfully, my mom arrived just a couple hours before the party, and was able to help me lay it all out in true "Schindler" fashion. Thanks mom!

So happy to have grandma there!

I opted to bake cupcakes instead of a cake this time. Can you see the little Lightning McQueen and Mater sugar charms on top? So cute!

My mom got Jake a little Lightning McQueen remote control car.  He loves that thing! I think he looks like such a big boy using that control, even though mostly he just pushes random buttons and the car will go about 2 feet before he makes it go backwards again :)

Opening his first present.  The other boys were happy to help him unwrap a little quicker :)

Jake was truly in rare form that day.  He was such a good little sharer, and let all the other kids have a turn on his new car! (I wish I could say he is always this generous, but I would be lying.)

Jake "showing" Boyd how to drive ;)  This picture gives me hope that he'll be a helpful big brother when the time comes!

Driving his car in front of his new garage/tent. I told ya the theme was pretty obvious :)

About to blow out his candle.. Actually about to make a grab for it.  Can't you just see the resolve in his eyes already? 

All he did was poke his cupcake until dad broke it into little pieces for him.

All the mommies and Jake's friends at the birthday table!

4 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

Yay! You did such a good job at throwing his party! He'll love looking back at all the pictures when he's older! We had such a fun time with every one, so glad that we were able to come! I love the picture of Boyd and Jake, super cute! Can you send it to me? Also, had a blast at the park yesterday. When should we go again?

Unknown said...

Great Party! Wish I could have been there! I'm very impressed with all the food and especially with your cupcakes! Good job, Kristie! I'm glad mom could be there to celebrate with you guys. Love you!

Rachel said...

It looks so great!

and you got a gate!

The cupcakes and decor turned out fabulous!

Sabine Schindler said...

I'm so glad I could be there as well and experience Jake's first Birthday.
You did a great job with everything, Kristie. And it was fun to meet all of Jake's friends. :o)