Tuesday, August 5, 2008

sleep strike



so its 11:15 pm, and i am up with my little insomniac. i suspect that my little celebration about jake sleeping through the night was a bit premature.  Jake has gone on strike about bedtimes and has quit sleeping in.  luckily we get along pretty well, so its not so bad.  at the moment he is sitting on my lap and we are writing this post while listening to some colbie collait.  he likes her.  

A week from today i will be flying to VA with jake in tow, husbandless.  Wes can't take off work, so it'll just be me and the little guy.  As excited as i am about seeing my family and friends, thats how nervous i am about flying with an infant.  also, i was thinking about the time change--if jake is still on his bedtime strike, he will be awake until at least 1 AM in virginia.  yikes.

I think the sleep strike has something to do with how aware Jake has become.  If ANYthing is happening, he has to be a part of it.  so he just chooses not to sleep so he can play with everyone.  wes and i finally took him with us to the movies.  we had heard from friends that their kids generally just slept through movies, what with it being dark.  Jake did nothing of the sort--we took him to the dollar theater to watch Narnia, and he wanted to watch the whole thing, standing on my lap.  its so funny seeing him get excited about new things. . thats all for now, I think he is finally ready for bed. :) 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss him!! Good thing is I'll be seeing him in a little over a week! Love you guys!

Coburn Ohana said...

How long will you be in VA? Me and the kids are flying in on the 16th...and my mom is having a jewelry party on the 19th...and Terrence comes home on the 20th...and, well that's enough for now I guess! If you are in town, you MUST come to the jewelry party so I can see your totally cute baby!

Molly said...

What a stinkin cutie!

The Thelins said...

I feel like I can relate, although Peyton hasn't even done a fake-out sleep through the night. Who needs sleep anyway? That must be why babies are so cute- so we'll still love them at 11, then 1, then 2, then 2:30, then 5 in the morning! Have I told you how much I'm going to miss you guys when we leave? Jake is Peyton's best friend... I'm so sad. Do you want to move to Portland?