We had a fun halloween this year! The Friday night before halloween we carved pumpkins with my sister and her family (i'll post pictures of that when I get them from her one of these days..) On Saturday night we went to our church Trunk-or-Treat. They combined all 3 wards from our building. They had food and games set up in the middle of the parking lot, surrounded by all the cars where the kids were trick or treating. It was so strange being outdoors for Halloween when it was 80 degrees!
Our little Mia was dressed as Tinkerbell and it was warm enough to go barefoot just like a real fairy ;)
Jake was our little Pirate, and Wesley and I (in a quick effort to match the kids) threw together "Lost Boys" costumes for ourselves. Holidays are so much fun with little kids!!!!

Jake was very brave, and put his hand into the dry ice cauldron to get his candy from this very creative trick or treat station!
Mia showing off her talents.
She has become very enthusiastic and cheesy in her photos lately. Here she was clapping!

On Halloween we met up with Jessica's family again. Since we both live in apartment complexes, we drove to a random neighborhood so the kids could go door to door the old fashioned way.
(look mom, no hands!)
Violet was little red riding hood, Sawyer was the big bad wolf, and mom and dad were the granny and the hunter :)

Eating (as usual) :)
Jake and Sawyer love each other so much! They had a great time going door to door together! Some of the houses had some pretty scary displays with music and creepy lighting, and the boys held hands and watched out for each other! (or in some cases, ran away together--terrified)
We are super cool.
Its not an Arizona holiday without a picture in front of a hideous cactus (sorry to all of you who like them, but I'm not a fan)

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:
I had such a great Halloween this year! It was so fun spending it with you guys and seeing our boys have such a blast together. I'm glad they love eachother so much. And you guys had some pretty sweet costumes :). Love you!
So cute! I'm so jealous that you have such beautiful weather. I love your costumes- very creative. I didn't dress up at all this year. Growing up in Vegas, I never understood why people did desert landscapes in their yards (rock gardens, cacti, etc.) Hello, you LIVE in the desert. Don't you want like grass and shade trees?
I love this post!! I hadn't seen most of the pictures yet so it was extra fun for me to look at them! I'm so glad you had such a good time and I bet it was priceless to see the boys go trick or treat together! I hope to watch it life one day!! :o)
Loved all the costumes! You are very creative!!
Post a Comment