Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The kids old rooms and belated Easter pics

I know this is a very late post, but I still wanted to post these up for my journal keeping. Before we moved from Utah, Sydney came over and took some pictures of the kids' rooms, and of the kids in their Easter clothes. I loved how they turned out, and was happy that we took some time in all that chaos to do this. I miss Sydney so much--she is an awesome photographer, and an even better sister. Love you like crazy Syd!

Syd and I weren't really "Picture Ready" when we took these, but the kids were behaving so we jumped in for a few, and I thought they still turned out nice.


Jake REALLY misses his Aunt Sydney





Big thanks to Cheronne for the adorable "Emilia" bracelet. :)

I never totally finished doing Jake's room, but what we had done was so fun and colorful. I LOVE his Ikea toy bins so much.

Both his bed and this coat rack were purchased on unfinished wood and I painted them red to match each other. Jake loves having his coat rack low enough on the wall that he can hang up his own stuff :)


Packing up Mia's room was so sad for me--I put a lot of love into building that little nursery :)
My old blessing dress that I passed down to Mia.
I couldn't find a baby mobile that I was happy with to match Mia's room, so I just stripped down Jake's old one, and added some ribbon and a chandelier ornament from Taipan Trading.
I LOVE this headband rack. I painted an old scrap pallet pink, and screwed in a bunch of doorknobs from Hobby Lobby.

Sydney came up with this cute little detail--She just covered the light switch plate with scrapbook paper. So simple and so fun!

I love my little towel rack from my aunts store in Germany. And Jessica made Mia the beautiful quilt hanging on the back of the crib. My mom also knitted her a blankie, but for some reason I don't have that picture. I will have to take one soon.
It's a slow process, but I'm rebuilding the kids rooms in our new apartment. The rooms aren't the same shape, so it's been fun rearranging the furniture and decor. Although all the boxes are unpacked, I still have a lot of pictures to hang before our new space feels more like home :) stay tuned for the first Arizona updates!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
What a fun post...loved the pictures and all your clever ideas! Good job for journaling and taking good pictures!

Unknown said...

Great job, Kristie! I need to take some pictures of Sawyer's room (now also Violet's) as well! Good idea. I'm sure the rooms here will turn out just as cute :).

Sydney Marné said...

awwww I miss Jakey!!! Thanks for those pictures kristie, I forgot to get them from you before you left. I miss their rooms! You did such a good job putting them together :) I miss you! Love you!!!!

Sabine Schindler said...

I'm glad you guys took all these awesome pictures of the kids and of their rooms. I should have done that more with each place we lived in. I really love the pictures of the kids "talking" to each other laying on the blanket. Jakey is such a good big brother. They'll always be close to each other, I'm sure. Can't wait to see your new place. I'm sure it'll be just as great! :o)