Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wedding Day!

I'm finally putting up a few pictures from Syd's wedding day--Things have been pretty hectic the last few weeks, but I'm going to do a few quick catch up posts today and hopefully I won't get so behind in the future.

The day was both wonderful and exhausting. It started around 5:45 in the morning with a quick shower before I did Sydney's hair. The timeline of the day went something like this:

6:00 -- Beautifying the bride
8:00 -- Head up to Salt Lake with the Jake in tow
9:30 go into the temple and wait for the sealing to begin (thanks again to the Phelps for watching the kiddos during the ceremony!)
around noon--we all sweated it out on the temple grounds, snapping photos, and trying to keep jake from completely losing it in his long sleeve shirt, black pants, and tie. (it was seriously boiling out there)
1:00 Luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial building (Thanks AGAIN to the Phelps for watching my child in the afternoon. They took him and Sawyer and walked around Salt Lake with our strollers for a couple hours..during naptime...but with children who wouldn't sleep..in the heat blaze... you guys saved us.)

Then we killed about an hour driving around so Jake could get in a small nap, and headed to the reception center. The reception was beautiful, the food was scrumptious, and I can't believe we survived with a child who is frightened of large crowds, and normally goes to bed at around 7:30. But we did! The reception center had a brides room, and when Jake got tired and anxious, he retreated to that room and watched movies on his dvd player until the party was over. Thank goodness for that room! Here are a few pictures of the day.











I haven't seen the photographers stuff yet, but if there are any extra cute ones of my little family, I will probably post those later on :)

1 comment:

Sabine Schindler said...

Great post about the wedding!! Jakey did great despite the heat, the crowd and no nap!!
Can't wait to see more pictures. Thanks for the ones you took!!